Climb Attack Brazil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climb Attack Brazil

After a very quick trip, a few long flights, wonderful hospitality and a mad dash to get it edited in time, I am proud to present: Climb Attack Brazil.

This video is a follow-up to the highly acclaimed Climb Attack from the 2009 record setting run of Rhys Millen at Pikes Peak that was directed by my buddy Will Roegge. The video was AMAZING. Will was actually nominated for a Motor Press Guild Association award for the piece- up against Audi “Truth in 24″ and also a segment of Top Gear. It was a Herculean effort with Will and Josh running all over the mountain to capture footage and a demonstration of finesse and attention to detail in delivery. Lets just say to use the name Climb Attack in this video, I had big shoes to fill…

This was a section of the road, Serra do Rio do Rastro, that Rhys had the opportunity to drift his RMR / Red Bull / Hyundai Genesis Coupe up. Lets just say the view was INSANE. The road started in Lauro Muller, Santa Catarina, Brazil and ran for over 9km up the canyon and onto a plateau. We stayed at an incredible resort at the top of the road called Rio Do Rastro Eco Resort. Ivan and his staff were absolutely incredible and made the entire RMR / Red Bull team feel at home. We rode horses, ate great food, drank incredible wine and experienced hospitality of the highest degree.

We filmed for a total of 3 days, with some delays due to weather, filming Rhys drifting up each section and a Time Attack Run on Saturday. At any given time I was operating 12 cameras at once- 2 x 5D Mk II, an HVX200 and at least 5 ContourHD 1080P cameras oncar and 4 spread throughout the road. This was also a testing ground for the new ContourGPS video camera- linking GPS data to the POV camera footage. I was busy to say the absolute least… Additional footage was provided by Red Bull Brazil.

Despite what some people may say about Rhys on this board- you can't argue his talent behind the wheel. I was there to witness him firsthand drive a rental car up a road a few times to get an idea where he was going before he jumped in the Genesis and go all out.

Hope you guys (and gals) like the video.

- DC

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/brWZb4TYp24?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/brWZb4TYp24?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Rhyc has a rally backgrond and this helps him "read" the road and drive the way he does, Look at Tanner, same thing, Awsum drive mate Well done, Very jealous of you
    Leon

Comment

Epic video there bud, Makes me wish I was in Rhys's shoes. That road is incredibly awesome, I had goose bumps watching it.

Comment

yup!

I like to watch reese in videos, in competitions he doesnt seem to push the envelope... Likes to play it safe all the time....

Good driving None the less...

I am impressed.

Comment

This was a great video, hope to see more like this in the future.

Comment

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Kaj0QyAUoo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Kaj0QyAUoo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I love these videos
            Last edited by my 1 88 u; 11-29-2010, 01:27 PM.

Comment

I think the Redbull video outdid the Rockstar by far with overall cinematography.

I gotta take my hat off too the Ryan Tuerck video because of its budget and showed the beauty of failed industrialization of that part of the northeast (it was shot in the northeast right?).

Comment

^ yeah Ryan's video is still one of my favorites

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                  I think the Redbull video outdid the Rockstar by far with overall cinematography.

I gotta take my hat off too the Ryan Tuerck video because of its budget and showed the beauty of failed industrialization of that part of the northeast (it was shot in the northeast right?).
                  Up in Hampsha somewhere! (cold as f*ck btw) I lived there once...

Comment

Working...
                  X