Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (25 MIN. VIDEO) How the V8 became Drifting's Engine of Choice

How the V8 became drifting's engine of choice

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/udhvbSQn1p0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

READ HERE
    http://www.autoblog.com/2012/07/14/h...ine-of-choice/

American drifting. I'm pretty sure Aussies where rocking Holden Commodores before Millens GTO and tubo 4s and 6s still rule there.

Comment

Ken forgot to mention he is using anti-lag as well, and that's a huge plus.

Daigo's 2JZ is not any kind of traditional setup, that the average proam driver can replicate.

I was going to run the LS3 in my S13 coupe, but I got an unbeatable deal on a 2JZGTE locally.

With the help from some very knowledgeable and resourceful friends, I'm sure we can but together a very reliable/competitive 2JZ/S13 on a proam budget.

Comment

a 25 minute video was added to the first post

Comment

I'm tired of hearing about V8s

Daigo's 2JZ is not any kind of traditional setup, that the average proam driver can replicate.
          Oh really, if thats so same goes for the V8s in the ASD cars.
          Last edited by Bebop; 07-15-2012, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
            I'm tired of hearing about V8s

Oh really, if thats so same goes for the V8s in the ASD cars.

haha! Yes you are correct my friend.

Comment

There are still inherent flaws with a turbo system which leads to the difference in driving style.

I've noticed Daigo's "twitchy" driving style can be contributed to his constant gear hunting. A turbo system is purely compressed air and even with nitrous and or anti lag there is still the difference in power bands / usable power vs a V8.

I hope the judges are accounting for that.

During the lead battle of daigo vs chris in Jersey where the judges say Daigo's car seems to be letting off the gas causing chris to spin. Under slow motion you can watch the change in speed of the wheels on daigos car leading me to believe it was actually a gear change + lag rather than what was described on the drift stream as slowing down.

Comment

MORE POWAH

/Jeremy Clarkson

It's America. People here prefer muscle over finesse.

Comment

Working...
                X