X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbos eat fingers **not For the squeemish**

http://66.193.230.60/~dlara/sedsmorg...threadid=14179

**not For the squeemish**
    Last edited by Rooney; 03-26-2004, 07:14 PM.

omg thats ugly ::covers eyes and looks away::

why the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* would you stick your hand into a spinning turbine????

Comment

darwinism, hard at work....

the turbo being the superior species in this case tries to eat the ricer, j/k that REALLY sucks alot, I have a friend who did something similar, at least he didn't lose more, that must have been a pain to clean up too

Comment

Ouch! that reminds me of the time i was watching the Discovery Channel and the dangers of working on an Aircraft carrier, this one cat had gotten SUCKED into the jet engine intake, i was like HOLY CRAP! he was totally sucked in, i think it was like an F14 i don't remember but i'll never forget the way the guy looked getting taken in like a peice of paper to a vacum cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by HATE_ME_NOW
          Ouch! that reminds me of the time i was watching the Discovery Channel and the dangers of working on an Aircraft carrier, this one cat had gotten SUCKED into the jet engine intake, i was like HOLY CRAP! he was totally sucked in, i think it was like an F14 i don't remember but i'll never forget the way the guy looked getting taken in like a peice of paper to a vacum cleaner.
          saw that was like WTF. I have many friends and family in the military. they have told me about guys sliding off the wings when the planes were talking off, and getting their wedding rings caught on a rivit, and swoop tendons and all went for a joy ride

Comment

This is what I gathered from the thread.He said his hand was 4-6 inches away from the turbo.He also said he was throttling the car,so he was probably pulling the throttle cable(makes sense right).Now he said it got to the point where the turbo started to spool up.I'm thinking eitheir this guy's hand was even closer than what he said,or he has a pretty big turbo.I'm thinking it's a combination of both.

Comment

i saw this thing on tv once like hate me now said...this engineer was walking passed an f14 on deck...got too close to the twin engines...got sucked in....and survived!...i saw it on oprah...it was great..

Comment

The guy got sucked into an E/A6B Prowler. He ended up walking away with no major injuries.

The blades in a jet engine like on the prowler are made of a ceramic composite. The crewmen on carrier decks all wear specially diesgned helmets. Now, those helmets help to protect from loud noise, falling objects, and the like. What's less commonly known is that they're engineered to break the blades on a jet engine.

So, the crewman was sucked into the engine, head first, his helmet broke the blades,and he got spit right out the other end.

Comment

oh yeah the a6 prowler...i forgot cuz i havent seen the oprah in a while....yeah those blades are sensative..and so are the blades on a helicopter...a little rock and mess up the tail rotor...thats why the pilots and engineers sweep the airfield every days or every couple of days

Comment

^ The A-6 is the Intruder, they're no longer with us. It's the EA-6B Prowler and she's on her way out too. And the deck is checked before all flight ops, not every couple of days.

Comment

ok so they sweep a lot..whats the difference between the prowler and intruder...is it only that the prowler can hold more people? i mean like...were there any differences between their functions?

EDIT: where are you stationed?? i saw your profile...do you fly and if you do what do you fly?
                      Last edited by markeese180sx; 03-27-2004, 05:31 PM.

Comment

The Prowler is based off of the Intruder design, so I can see the confusion. Basically the Prowler is electronic warfare while the Intruder was an attack aircraft. The Prowlers jam everybody up and make our lives easier.

I used to fly Tomcats (hence the name) but have since been relegated to the super bug. I'm on leave right now and will soon be sent out to Atsugi.

Comment

WTF.

Comment

thx for the explanation! ex-cat, i pmed u

Comment

That's why man invented steel mesh turbo covers...

-MR

Comment

Working...
                              X