ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got the engine running! (video inside)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got the engine running! (video inside)...

I got the car running last night...its not ready for the street yet though. Considering the lights and accesories arent wired up and the car has no body panels O_o But finally being able to hear the motor for the first time is damn cool. Sadly my gf's camera mic wasnt able to handle the decibal level so it doesnt really sound all that great in the video. But you'll probably hear me calling my brother and whistling at him to try to get him to rev the motor. He's standing about 4' away from me but he couldnt' hear me. O_o Heres the link...

Motor Vid

I just remembered I have a sound decibal meter so later on I'll post up some results.
    Last edited by REVLIMIT; 03-30-2004, 11:35 PM.

sounds perfect haha...

Nothing beats the rev of a rebuilt engine you put so much hard work into.

Comment

mmm... sweet sound of success

Comment

ITS ALIVE MUWAHAHAHAHA

Ok Freinkestien voice off...

Nice dude whats it in?

Comment

good god i miss my camaro.

Comment

The motors in my new yet old 1984 Camaro. Still got a lot of work ahead of me though. Gotta put the panels on, wire up the car, make another body kit, paint job, make a cf hood, etc. Damn...I still didn't even make up my mind yet on what color to paint it O_o

Comment

Originally posted by REVLIMIT
              make a cf hood
              You can just do that?
              ok, that's awesome.

Comment

REVLIMIT can do anything.

Comment

Super cool. Keep us posted.

Comment

thats freakin awesome dude

cant wait to see it completed, you should not only make the hood CF but do the entire body in CF.......

Comment

CF HOOD? NICE
                      i dont know many poeple who can do that, do you get carbon fiber sheets or do you lay the fibers yourself? and do you have a vacum pump? i guess its not relay that big of a deal, cause a guy i knwo made one laying the strands himself and when it got to the hot summer months it got a lil warped? maybe he did it wrong who knows

but man that sounds good

Comment

Originally posted by banged240_drift
                        a guy i know made one laying the strands himself and when it got to the hot summer months it got a lil warped? maybe he did it wrong who knows
                        it tried to shrink but the hardened resin wouldn't let it. usually they bake CF in large oven to shrink it while it's still in the mold.

BTW righteous engine.

Comment

Working...
                        X