No announcement yet.

You know you're in Texas when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firebirds??? I hadnt seen any of those. Got any pics??

Comment

Originally posted by hachiroku-fc3s
      Firebirds??? I hadnt seen any of those. Got any pics??
      let me see if I can dig some up. I'm not talking about the Smokey and the Bandit Firebird. Like the new Trans-am/ Firebird.

Let me see if we got any pix of them.

Comment

Yeah yeah. That's cool. Just hadn't seen any firebirds in the mix. Seen camaroes, just not 'birds. Wanna see it.

Comment

Hmmm...did the El Camino do any better then the footage thats in that video? I'm just wondering...I'm not trying to talk *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* or anything...but if he won that event....then....man......I dono....

Comment

I got some pretty good footage on video. If you can show me a place that will host it I'll show you.

Comment

Originally posted by REVLIMIT
              Hmmm...did the El Camino do any better then the footage thats in that video? I'm just wondering...I'm not trying to talk *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* or anything...but if he won that event....then....man......I dono....
              Well you Hawaiian resident guys, who may or may not be of native hawaiian orgin, or even possible mixed orgin, (trying not to offend anybody) Have probably the most advanced drift scene in America.

And i doubt the Texas scene is very advanced in general. So it will probably not look great to you. Not trying to put down my texas drifting brothers, its just the brakes, way out there, there are probably not many drifters in general. In a few years though things will change.

Comment

True none of the competitors at the Texas Drift Showoff aren't world class by any means, but the event did collect some of the best drifters in the region. The vids previously posted (Domestics/El Camino in car) were taken at the first drift event I drove the El Camino, but I improved greatly at the Drift Showoff. I still have a ways to go, but I did much better at the competition than I had expected to.

Here's a vid of the top 4 finalists in the drift competition and their respective runs:
                Texas Drift Showoff - top 4 finalists
                The video is 36MB and zipped to prevent streeming.

Many thanks to James Evans for letting me rag on his El Camino for the weekend.

We have an event highlights vid coming in the next couple days with some really great footage from the event. Keep an eye out!

Comment

Originally posted by drz
                  True none of the competitors at the Texas Drift Showoff aren't world class by any means, but the event did collect some of the best drifters in the region. The vids previously posted (Domestics/El Camino in car) were taken at the first drift event I drove the El Camino, but I improved greatly at the Drift Showoff. I still have a ways to go, but I did much better at the competition than I had expected to.

Here's a vid of the top 4 finalists in the drift competition and their respective runs:
                  Texas Drift Showoff - top 4 finalists
                  The video is 36MB and zipped to prevent streeming.

Many thanks to James Evans for letting me rag on his El Camino for the weekend.

We have an event highlights vid coming in the next couple days with some really great footage from the event. Keep an eye out!
                  Thanks for the clarification, And congradulations. If you can do that in an el camino you must be very talented.

Comment

it was pretty amazing seeing that thing out there. i just posted a new thread about it entitled truck drifting!?!?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                    X