ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Pics from the Drift Session, Hawaii.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by borodori
    nothing beats drifting inches away by SOLID gaurdrails, phone poles, concrete barriers, and old oil drums (trash cans) at HRP. It's no way close to drifting by cones, collapseble barriers and one wall circling around the whole track. so stop trying to act like that's hardcore.
    could you clarify your post, and are you referring to irwindale? theres alot of anger in your post, why is that considering we both seem to like the same kind of things.

Comment

Who's the lamo that started calling that trick the "rodeo".Compare the rodeo in skateboarding and snowboarding and its almost the same.Now compare that to a car,that's not a "rodeo",it's door surfing(much better suited to the action).And Yasuyuki Kazama is the founding father of it.
      Last edited by Feint; 04-17-2004, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
        all those tricks and stuf are interesting and fun to watch, but nothing beats two cars at high speed, inches away from each other and a wall.

I'm not angry at all. But could you clarify this post? Cause in a way I precieve this is, is that you're hating indirectly. Shimos was sharing some stuff that goes on at DS but not everthing. There is much more to the Hawaii scene than what was posted. You may not be into that flashy doughnuts stuff, that's cool. I am not into that flashy doughnut stuff either, but it looks cool. I'm more into strait up plain drifting or tandem, no circus act kind of stuff. but my point is, it seems that you think the hawaii scene doesn't do highspeed drifitng inches away from walls, but tricks n stuff from the pics shared.
        Last edited by borodori; 04-17-2004, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by borodori
          my point is, it seems that you think the hawaii scene doesn't do highspeed drifitng inches away from walls, but tricks n stuff from the pics shared.

Indeed i see the problem here, a simple misunderstanding. I was afraid that you thought that. I apologise for not being clear, but i was simply referring to those kind of tricks in the post above mine.

I am fully aware how advanced the hawaiian drift scene is. i didnt mean to say "hawaiian guys are goofing around, we are kissing the wall" i ment to say "those tricks are fine and all, but i like highspeed stuff" meaning the highspeed stuff we all do, japanese, hawaiian, californian, east coastians.

Theres no hate here at all, i supose just a simple case of a post too ambigious for its own good.

Comment

oh yeah just to clarify. People who live in hawaii are usually called "hawaii residents" or "hawaii guys/girls" cause hawaiian is an ethnicity and some of my hawaiian friends I know get offended when you call someone who is not of hawaiian blood, hawaiian. Over here it's not like california where residents are called californians. Hawaii is a state so I understand why mainlanders would call people who live in hawaii, hawaiian.

Comment

ah, you know, one of the other Hawaiian resident members brought this up, and i didnt think about it. Once again i find my self apologising. Eitherway thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Hey guys I will be in Honalulu for the whole month of June so I was wondering how often yolu guys get together and drift and were you guys do it. I would also like to know were I could get one of those rear bumpers like the one on the bluse s13 coupe. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Matto
                  okinawa??
                  yea oki

Comment

June 12 2004, 9am to 3pm at Hawaii Raceway Park (directions), $10 to watch. See you there.

Comment

Originally posted by sil180sx
                      yea oki
                      yah, someone said they were from Osaka above me and i was wondering what they were talking about.

Comment

hub cap spinners! I'd dori in one but i don't think they make em in 16" hahah

Comment

Originally posted by sil180sx
                          yea oki
                          they in oki, i know a few of em there, a couple of my friends be representin it, including my brother. and this was all in oki.

Comment

Working...
                          X