Hey I have a Ques.! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey I have a Ques.! :)

What u think about Tein S-Tech springs for a '93 convertible with stock shocks? I know this is kinda of topic, but I would realy apreaciate Your help. Thanx.

Vygiz

What if you flip?

Comment

yeah you might die...

Comment

ill sell you a roll cage. but i have the springs on my subaru and there ok but id get shocks also if i were you

Comment

If the springs are stiffer, you'll need stronger shocks to provide enough dampening. With stiffer springs and the same shocks, the car might feel a little bouncy. There won't be as much dampening to counteract the natural oscillations of the springs. It would be kind of like if your shocks went bad with your stock springs, same type of thing. They need to be matched for the best performance. Stock may still work, but it's a matter how how much stiffer the new ones are.

You can also use different shocks front and rear to create certain characteristics. Basically, you can control how much weight shifts around when you accelerate and brake. Softer shocks will allow more weight shifting, so you can brake into a corner to get the rear out. If you use stiff shocks on the front, it may take more braking to do the same thing. If the rear was getting loose into the corners, use heavier front shocks to help keep the weight on the rear end when braking.

If your rear was getting loose on the exit of the corners, use lighter shocks on the rear to allow more weight to transfer back. Softer rear springs will help as well, but a stiff front end and soft rear end will make understeer. You many want to get rid of the front sway bar if you go that route to regain some front traction. Suspension is all balance.

I wish there was some program available to work through the data and make virtual setups. Right now, it's more of just trial and error to some extent.

Comment

Hey, you've got a Subaru. What suspension setup do you like? How is it different from stock?
            example:
            Front - "brandname" front springs, 20% stiffer, 2" lower ride height
            Rear - same
            Front - "brandname" shocks, 15% more dampening, maybe variable
            Rear - "brandname shocks, 10% more dampening, again maybe variable
            Front - "brandname" swaybar, xx milimeter
            Rear - "brandname" swaybar, xx milimeter

That sort of thing. Just curious.

Comment

Drift For Food - thanx, great reply!! Yeah I thought about the flipping too. Maybe ill just go with coupe or hatch... Safer.

Comment

i have the tein s tech drop springs thay site like 1 3/4 inch lower not sure about the spring rate and all that i just lowerd it to make it look alittle better. im not even driving it any more because i gave it to my brother when i moved to japan.

Comment

Yeah, it says 1.5in drop front and 1.2in drop rear. Anyways, convertible is gone.

Comment

How is this related to Pictures and Video Clips?

Last time i checked, it wasnt.

Comment

high cocktane?

Comment

wtf,you guys from aussie land get a mag called imports right? that mag is the shite it talks about driftin from aus.has some sick features to,its fairly large as well.

Comment

yeah 1 of our mags is HPI (High Performace Imports). It is truly the magazine to have. Yup, covers everything in imports and a lot of Japan stuff too. Also has some nice hybrid aussie cars too. Hell, the one im reading now has one of those little S-Cargo run-around cars with a turbo E15T in it making about 200hp @ wheels

BTW, hi-cocktake is a joke name.
                          Last edited by Glenn; 04-18-2004, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfromda909
                            damn austrailians...

j/k
                            Alot of people here think the same about you fellas...

Comment

finally sum more aussies...

Comment

Working...
                              X