Speaking of pimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of pimp

I finally got some more recent pics of my Austin Healy.
    Attached Files

My mother was the original owner back in 68. Its been driven from Long Island to texas from texas to Californa then back to texas then back to LI then Once again to texas and back.
    Attached Files

Comment

There was a problem with the tranny around 1980 and was taken off the road. Where it sat for about 20 years in the backyard with nothing but a pool tarp thrown over it.

If you look really close on the left side of the rear bumper you can see the clearence sticker for fort bliss in texas where my dad was stationed.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Emagdnim; 04-23-2004, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Then when I was 15 me and my dad started to restore it From its horrible condition.
        Attached Files

Comment

Heres alittle hint to its condition after siting for 20 years. The tie rods are terrible.
          Attached Files

Comment

one of the advantages of a vintage car. This exhaust is completly legal.
            Attached Files

Comment

We painted it ourselves and I can't beleive how good it came out.
              Attached Files

Comment

Sick dude.

Comment

sweet dood. nice car to fix up. when you get it sideways make sure to take pics

Comment

double pimp, awesome car man.

Comment

I'll get some action pics once I feel its strong enough to take that kind of punishment. As of right now its been sideways but not too much . I feel I have to restrain myself for the cars own good until its alittle healthier. I'm upgradeing to koni tube shocks all around (instead of the primitive leaver arm shocks), Suitable springs for the new shocks, and Front and rear sway bars. Hopefully I'll then feel alittle more confident it can handle the stress of some real drifting.

Comment

My current engine and exhaust mods are from an Austin Healey project car that didn't get finished. Just think of it. An Austin with a 250+hp rotary engine. Yeah. That is one sexy car mang. You should try sticking a rotary in it. Just kidding.

Sexy, sexy.

Comment

Somthing like this.

the rotary swap is definitly IMO the ultimate for the Austin. less then 1500lbs +250hpX 40 year old car= Death

I think I would miss the sound of the old engine though. Not to say the rotary wouldn't sound good it just wouldn't be the same.
                          Attached Files

Comment

/\ Tru, but to me the best sounding engine ever is the R26B from the 787B Le Mans car. I love the high pitch whine. Too bad I'll never hear it in person. Supposedly my engine will start to sound a little whinier with performance mods. I just hope the exhaust doesn't drown out the engine noise. Got any vids of the Healey??? That would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Misthael
                              You should try sticking a rotary in it.
                              Freakin rotor heads, why not put an sr in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X