Opinions on Intercooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Intercooler

what do you all think: should i leave the intercooler like it is or paint the end-tanks black like the Mazdaspeed Miata?
    Attached Files
    Leave the intercooler alone
    31.25%
    Black end-tanks like the Mazdaspeed Miata
    68.75%

ncie looking Miata. i say leave the intercooler the way it is.

What kind of turbo set up are you running?
    Last edited by nissanguy_24; 05-14-2004, 02:29 PM.

Comment

its a GReddy turbo kit (TD-04H)

Comment

i can barely see it

Comment

ok so it's not a huge $1000 intercooler but it does the job i want it to. i can run 10 degrees of advance timing now without pinging which helped out lower-rpm response a lot.

Comment

damn, that has got to be the smallest interecooler on a turbocharged car i have ever seen.
            Attached Files

Comment

last one
              Attached Files

Comment

it's a first-gen eclipse intercooler so if its the smallest one you've ever seen on a turbocharged car then just keep in mind mitsubishi thought it was good enough to run with their 4G63.

why does everyone think an intercooler has to be huge? cuz its all they see on D1 cars?

intercoolers should be matched to their application. my car is only running 6 pounds of boost. this size intercooler is perfect for my situation.

keep in mind: smaller intercooler means less pressure drop across the intercooler and less lag.

d@mn newbies trying to be smart-a@@es

ripper, weren't you the one who thought "86" meant the car was built in 1986?!
                Last edited by miata619drifter; 05-14-2004, 07:04 PM.

Comment

miata619drifter: i think it looks good... if you painted it black so it was harder to see that would be nice... but thats just my opinion as i like sleepers

did you consider a starion FMIC i know it's a favorite among the B6T crowd... i am gonna get one to replace my MX-6 intercooler after i take care of my tranny

tf
                  Last edited by the_finn; 05-14-2004, 07:37 PM.

Comment

The FMIC is fine man. If it does the job then keep it. Miatas dont need huge fmic's anyway!

Comment

it looks good.
                      what kind was it again?
                      I was looking at rx7 top mounts, but that one looks better.

Comment

paint it black, i think it would be awesome....

Comment

Originally posted by miata619drifter
                          it's a first-gen eclipse intercooler so if its the smallest one you've ever seen on a turbocharged car then just keep in mind mitsubishi thought it was good enough to run with their 4G63.

why does everyone think an intercooler has to be huge? cuz its all they see on D1 cars?

intercoolers should be matched to their application. my car is only running 6 pounds of boost. this size intercooler is perfect for my situation.

keep in mind: smaller intercooler means less pressure drop across the intercooler and less lag.

d@mn newbies trying to be smart-a@@es

ripper, weren't you the one who thought "86" meant the car was built in 1986?!
                          yes, i was. anyway i see. correct me if i'm wrong but it's one of those stock turbos with the intercooler under the hood. not the FMI right? and i didn't say the intercooler ahve to be huge

Comment

do you have a pic of the mazda speed one? i would just like to see what it would look like if painted black.

where would you suggest getting an intercooler to use on a vmic setup on a 240sx?

Comment

Paint the whole thing black.

Comment

Working...
                              X