Post your Z Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z Q's

I have a 280Z question: Is it posible to take out some of the smog crap and still keep the same performance? I just want my engine bay to look a little nicer and it's hard with a bunch of vacuum hoses and valves that don't seem to do much. Oh and if that question doesn't strike your fancy, how do you guys like the original mag wheels that the Z's had? I have those, I'm wondering what you guys thought of them.

Comment

You'd have to run a stand-alone computer...I take it you're speaking of a newer fuel injected 280 or there wouldn't be tons of vacuum lines. You can run several different stand-alone systems..you just need to see what options vary on the different units and if it's what you're looking for.

Comment

you can take out the stuff you dont need as long as its still passes smog im not sure what you really said but um youd prob have to put the stuff that you gotta use for smog or you wont pass

Comment

Haha, oh yah, you guys have smog checks out there...we don't. Sorry didn't even think of that. I run manifolds back exhaust..no cats, no resonators. Just a custom X pipe and APEXi Dunks (dual 2.5" stainless).

Comment

well its lucky for us guys & girls who have 240z's cus no more smog for those, can have a straight through exhuast for all the performance we can get.

Comment

"Is it posible to take out some of the smog crap and still keep the same performance?" i think taking out smog junk equals perfomance. i say ditch the fuel injection and run carbs some SU's or some triples

Comment

hey drift swift how much power does your 240z have? im usin makuni carbs what about you?

Comment

I'd love to have this 240z, its powered by a Q45 v8 thats crazy must of been alot of fabricating for that, or maybe just some mounts and exhaust system mostly.
                  Last edited by PhoPower; 06-16-2004, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X