Nomura in LA?!?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nomura in LA?!?!?!?

alright, i got a question about a video. I was watching a drift compilation video and saw maybe a two second clip of Ken Nomura being chased by a cop car. I flash bakced to an article i read in drift magazine by import racer. some guy quickly brought it up when he spoke about the evolution of drifting in the states. I have been looking high and low for this video and i cant find it or info on it. I think that Option rented a few blocks of downtown LA and just let Ken go crazy with a cop behind him. plz any info on this would really help!

did you actually hear some information somewhere about them renting out blocks in LA or are you just assuming? that would be sooooo much money....but worth it

Comment

yeah it was in an article I forgot the month... I've been looking around forever for that vid

Comment

thats wicked, if you figure out how to get the vid or anything then let us know that would be amazing

Comment

i saw a vid where nomuken was the cop drifting after amatures. it was funny he even had a police uniform... i think we are talking about the same one

Comment

alright found the article.. now for the part... found it
            it says:

"The next day Option moved on to go take care of another project in Los Angeles. Once again, Option paid the city to close down a couple blocks of downtown LA and arranged for Nomuken to come flying though the streets, drifting, all while being chased by a police car. It was a very memorable moment, one I will never forget. It was a turning point in US drift history again."

if any of you happen to have drifting... magazine its on page 85, first column, about half way down.
            Last edited by yarzan; 06-06-2004, 04:12 PM.

Comment

im not sure, but i think i have the vid, because in it, you see a few seconds of someone driving a car with a cop coming after the car, and it was a drift compilation of different vids. Ill have to try to host it sometime

edit] yes, i do have the drift compilation where hes running from the police.
              Last edited by iownju; 06-06-2004, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Yep I found it in Drifting magazine also. They rented out a mountain road too. We def need to get that vid of him drifting in LA sounds like nothin but fun to me.

Comment

Off topic but at D1 Nomura was walking around the pit area with a camera crew and he got in the cop car and they drove off with him...I think that part might be in the D1 DVD.

Comment

the vid that i have starts with a scene from the video game kaido battle (think thats what its called) and itrs made by some guy called gunluvS14 or something like that. is that the one youre talking about?

Comment

yeah that the one that i have.

I know that the clip is in a option video. Just dont know what volume
                      Last edited by iownju; 06-06-2004, 08:14 PM.

Comment

the article said nothing about what option tape it was in?

Comment

right now i think its vol. 80, that what ive heard. And im pretty sure it reappears in vol. 100

Comment

i have that clip in one of my drift tengoku videos, never seen it in any options though. i think its vol. 3

Comment

i heard about the option stuff from the guy that put the compilation together, so im not sure if its right or not. We will have to see though

Comment

Working...
                              X