Mazda Miata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drifter-ex
    I am friends the guys over at Rspeed.net one of the guys there just got individual throttle boddies, and the shop owner got a HKS turbo package,and a Kaaz LSD.They had guys from japan come and install the stuff.
    Who are you? You know Joe, Peter, and Hector!!

The Aizawa guys should be back for the R-Speed open house in October

Comment

hmmm, i may consider a miata now. I mean touge looks awesome. And i dont know how much my dad would let me modify a car, so if they are good "out of the box". Does anybody know anything about how a Fiero would perform? I really love the fiero...

Comment

Z fever recently did a SR20 swap into a Miata, apparently it is perfection... Read about it on www.tamparacing.com - it was at DDay2 and totally ruled.

IMO, the Miata is a RWD non-hatch version of the beloved CRX, awesome balance, plenty of power, simple and raw!

Xantos - Are you talking about a Pontiac Fiero or the Ferio?

-MR

Comment

@tuner

Is the front end on your car the stock bodywork with the factory lip and some sort of splitter? or is that a one piece add-on to the stock front end?

I have the stock bodywork with the factory lip and was thinking about fashioning a splitter to bolt to the factory lip for track use.

Comment

Who are you? You know Joe, Peter, and Hector!!
            My name is Sean Mcsweeney.What is your? Yes I know Joe, Hector, and Peter, where has Peter gone I havn't seen him in a while. Did you go to Little Talledega in Alabama last time we went. If you did my car was the red miata. Hey me and my dad are trying to set up a group of ten guys to go back to Little Talledega. Are you interested?

Comment

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by Drifter-ex
                My name is Sean Mcsweeney.What is your? Yes I know Joe, Hector, and Peter, where has Peter gone I havn't seen him in a while. Did you go to Little Talledega in Alabama last time we went. If you did my car was the red miata. Hey me and my dad are trying to set up a group of ten guys to go back to Little Talledega. Are you interested?
                Hey Sean, I'm Marty. I'm in Dallas, you prolly know Greg too. he has the Yellow M1 with the brushed hood and the supercharger. He used to be in Dallas too. Peter finally found a job in his field so he left the Speed. And if you go to the track you must know Chi and James in the white P5. My wife and I are moving out to Atlanta in September, so I'm down for little Talladega since I'll be leaving Motorsport Ranch here

Hey come on over to teampointless.com

Comment

i was talking about the fiero, you know mid engine, had problems with engine fires...

Comment

Originally posted by Xantos
                    i was talking about the fiero, you know mid engine, had problems with engine fires...
                    Yeah - they have problems with engine fires.

I was also sitting behind one at a stop light one time and the motor fell out.

As with any older car, you'll need to look for one that is in good condition one that has been relatively well maintained. If you can find that you'll have yourself a nice-handling stylish and speedy car. I've seen a few that are just downright brutal, but a lot more that are just downright disgusting.

Car Craft had an article a few months ago about "GM's OTHER plastic-bodied sports car" which might even still be up. Other than that there is a plethora of Fiero clubs and boards online that could help you with just about anything.

One tip I know off the top of my head is that (like buying a Delorean) you need to pay particular attention to any accident damage since any damage at all can be particurlarly devastating to the composite frame.

-MR

Comment

Please dont watch this weeks monster garage.. Unless of course you like crappy shows where the star is never there, or you just hate Laguna Blue First gens...

Comment

Hey Sean, I'm Marty. I'm in Dallas, you prolly know Greg too. he has the Yellow M1 with the brushed hood and the supercharger. He used to be in Dallas too. Peter finally found a job in his field so he left the Speed. And if you go to the track you must know Chi and James in the white P5. My wife and I are moving out to Atlanta in September, so I'm down for little Talladega since I'll be leaving Motorsport Ranch here
                        All right here is my e-mail racerextreme2002@yahoo.com e-mail me and we will talk about little Talledega.

Comment

Hector's setup makes me drool!
                          Before I went turbo I was really interested in IRTB's.
                          I would love to make it to Rspeeds open house also.

As far as body kits on the miata I really want to see Areodramatics CF widebody kit, but I have doubts we will see it within the next two years.
                          I myself will be running a set of the Tuckin99 flares. god I cant wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis
                            my ABSOLUTE fav

This one is cool, i like the fender flares
                            put the flares on the first car and it'd be nice.

idunno about the vary rear bumper for the miata. its kinda...... weird. its missing something.

but miata's are pretty fun cars. and theyre super underpowered. hehe. kinda like the hachi. i guess to get the angle real good theres gonna be some clutch kickin.

Comment

Yeah, I told the girl friend I was going to give her a car on her 21st birthday and I plan to do a very clean looking Roadster with a little mods. I am sure it is going to be painted pink, but hell I would still drive it. Her 21st birthday is like 4 years away so I have time and we might also be split by then, but I am still going to build a Roadster. It may not to be pink though if I build it for myself.

Comment

i have recently become intrested in miatas. they are two seaters so that is a plus but they are not hatchbacks, oh well. i like that black miata. im actaully looking into miatas because i am most likely getting my car this summer and hopefully a few people did not make their payments on their miatas so i might see them at an auction, hahaha.

Comment

Working...
                                X