.:after the cameras turn off:.

Nemesis gets out of car..
          stumbles around..
          "I don't feel so good"
          vomits on the side of his car...
          "I'm ok..I'm ok"
          gets back in his car, and drives off.

Comment

Look ma' no hands. Haha. It does look fun.

Comment

thats sooo cool

hey man..
              nice nice car.., what have you done to it? do u have an lsd?

what suspension are you using?

i have a mx-5 as well.. but there is no way i can do that..

im just starting to do stuff to my car now.., what would u suggest to do 1st?

have u got a turbo in your car?

thanks
              nich

Comment

WOW.....so NOT impressed

Dohnuts...?!
                I can do dohnuts with my eyes closed.

I like the no handed move though and all while your driver side door was open, nice...

Comment

Re: thats sooo cool

Originally posted by mr. miata
                  hey man..
                  nice nice car.., what have you done to it? do u have an lsd?

what suspension are you using?

i have a mx-5 as well.. but there is no way i can do that..

im just starting to do stuff to my car now.., what would u suggest to do 1st?

have u got a turbo in your car?

thanks
                  nich
                  ummm i cut the airbox to crap......no LSD....bone stock everything....it jus takes alot of practice...and since my car doesn't redline she only pushin out like 80hp to the wheels max...so it's kinda difficult gettin the tires loose. as for what to do first...LSD and turbo or supercharger kit...the suspension is good enough where u can practice and get a good feeling of what your car can do. The stock suspension on my miata feels great, it has over 100k miles on it, but she's still really stiff, can take a 90 degree turn goin about 45mph (with enough practice) and still brakes on a dime....the miata has a great platform...power and a clutch type LSD are the only things really missing...

Comment

oh man..., are you serious?

RESPECT man, thats one for the miata's

so you car is all stock standard? just airbox etc?

i just recently changed to the mx-5/miata, front an FF car.., i used to e-brake that into corners, and then just accell hard and pull myself out of the corner,

im a newbie to drifting, and a poor one!!!

i usually turn into a corner at about 30km/h (about 18 miles an hour). no need to giggle. and as im approaching the apex i clutch in a little, accell to about 5000 revs, and drop the clutch.
                    then the car kicks out.

i let go of the accell and the car kinda rebounds from side to side for a little...

i cant keep it going.., or maybe i dont know what will happen if i keep accellerating, seem dangerous!

dude..., can u gimme a sml run through on how to do it smoothly and cool looking., like that vid of yours doing doughnuts.

im from aust.., not many people drift here.., so hence, many many many q's

thanks guys!!
                    nich

Comment

Re: oh man..., are you serious?

Originally posted by mr. miata
                      RESPECT man, thats one for the miata's

so you car is all stock standard? just airbox etc?

i just recently changed to the mx-5/miata, front an FF car.., i used to e-brake that into corners, and then just accell hard and pull myself out of the corner,

im a newbie to drifting, and a poor one!!!

i usually turn into a corner at about 30km/h (about 18 miles an hour). no need to giggle. and as im approaching the apex i clutch in a little, accell to about 5000 revs, and drop the clutch.
                      then the car kicks out.

i let go of the accell and the car kinda rebounds from side to side for a little...

i cant keep it going.., or maybe i dont know what will happen if i keep accellerating, seem dangerous!

dude..., can u gimme a sml run through on how to do it smoothly and cool looking., like that vid of yours doing doughnuts.

im from aust.., not many people drift here.., so hence, many many many q's

thanks guys!!
                      nich
                      yes stock...th airbox is my only "modification"

as for drifting. I'm practicing my drifts @ mid speeds. it's hard to my miata sideways going @ low speeds, but the best part of drifting is what....entry speed. so i'm tryin to find a bigger beter lot where i can go about 60mph the fastest i've drifted in my miata so far has been about 45 mph...done that once but lost it in middrift and went offroading...lol...but yeah back to the point.

the best way i have found out to drift miata's is to use multiple techniques as one. example: my personal fav. is to feint and accel off. this begins the drift and usually gets me around one corner...and thats about it, but the speed at which ur drifting is to fun.

for multiple drifts, i use a combo of feinting and clutch kicking, along with some ebrake for 1)gettin the tires loose or 2) fixing the angle...this i use when i'm doing multiple corners...but it's still hard and i can't get it down, but i feel comfortable with it.

And to solve your problem of not being able to keep the drift going, this happened to me alot when i started but this is what i did and it helped me out ALOT...the best thing to do is find a lot put some cones out and make a 80 degree angle and instead of going 18mph, hit the corner hard going about 35 to 40mph but DO NOT BRAKE!!!a little bit before u reach the clipping point let off the gas and steer in hard. and a soon u feel the tires go loose countersteer and work the gas...(this is by far the most fun way to drift a miata). What should happen is ur front end shuld graze the inner corner, therefore keepin u within the APEX line yet going through at a very nice speed. it jus takes some more practice.

so yeah practice doing "accel off" type drifting and doing insane corner entries, get use to going fast sideways, and everything else is easy...kind of...lol...jus keep practicving and learn your car...if u got anymore quesitons PM me or AIM me @ d0rimx5

drift on!
                      Last edited by Nemesis; 06-25-2004, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Sup Nemesis, pretty smooth man i also have a miata. Pretty quick cars but they still lack much HP. I have a 91 so it comes with a 1.6. In like two weeks she's gonna have a 1.8 heart transplant. Hope she picks up a bit faster. Anyway, still very nice. Where do you live? My friend also has a miata and can take them apart and put them together in the dark.

Comment

tos ee where i live u need mearly to look to the left...
                          <<<<

Comment

Please stop the random parkinglot madness... think of the church going children..

Comment

thats my church...i'm the church goin child...

Comment

Working...
                              X