More RC Drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More RC Drifting

For you of those who missed it, there was a Yokomo drift challenge this passed 19th- the first organized RC drift competition. It was sponsored by Yokomo, super street, Euro-tuner, and RC Driver. It was a delightful, yet competative experience to participate in. I got first place running up below the "drift master" place.

Visit our forum: www.driftrcentral.com
    I'm "liberalswine" on that forum.

Here's the video of the event, watch for my winning Apex'i Imamura FD replica.
    http://www.yokomousa.com/newproducts...T_EXPO2004.mpg

Now some pictures (compliments of Beskone from driftrcentral):
    http://www.driftrcentral.com/forum/v...?t=268&start=0

I hope this hobby becomes more popular and excepted by all. Now everyone, start buying some RC cars!

Nice...

Awesome Vid !
    What is the specs for some of those RC cars?

Comment

Re: Nice...

Originally posted by DoriFuta-
      Awesome Vid !
      What is the specs for some of those RC cars?
      They all vary. Yokomo does produce a chassis that is specific for drifting. It is based on the MR4TC SD SSG. Primarily, the chassis should be AWD, (I know it sounds awkward, but it compromises for the scale and the physics). Also, the media of the tire. Most RC drifters use ABS irrigation piping from home depot, and others use yokomo drift tires, hard rubbers with plastic "drift rings".

Check out our new rc drift community www.driftRCentral.com for any information. Register and ask questions, our staff and members will be glad to respond. thanks!

Comment

How do you get started!!! What R the costs involved.
        Is it like real drifting-buy a car and start practicing
        Looks like it takes a lot of practice. You can't call it seat time so what is it called controler time

Comment

Originally posted by slideways2004
          How do you get started!!! What R the costs involved.
          Is it like real drifting-buy a car and start practicing
          Looks like it takes a lot of practice. You can't call it seat time so what is it called controler time
          Not controller time, but trigger time, close enough though! Hmm, Anywhere from 100-400 can get you started depending on what kind of quality stuff you want. And yes, rc drifting does involve alot of practice and there are definitely different levels of expertise. I remember the first time I tried it out, I was spinning out much more than the first time I tried real drifting! Go figure.

Check out that site www.driftrcentral.com, most of your answers should be answered there. See you there

Comment

thanx that might be in my crappy budget

Comment

1 more newb question about rc drifting.

R most of these cars electric b/c I've seen some cars the r Nitro

what exaclty is that- is the more fun- sounds expensive

Comment

yea i wanted on of those yokomos but i have seen in my local hobby shops they go for around 200 and wat is the one that is for 100 i would get one if i could find them for 100 and are they only yokomos wat about tamiyas

Comment

You can drift with both electric and nitros. Electric, IMO, is the best way to go. With nitro, since alot of high revving is involved, you're more vulnerable to breaking clutches and so forth. And due to the weight of nitro cars, it experiences alot of understeer and is very clumsy during technical weigh shifts during tight S turns.

Tamiya has some chassis under 100 bucks and includes the TL01, TT01. Keep in mind that you'll be spending an additional ~120 for a radio and speed controller. Check out Ebay for some ready to run items. There are also ready to run kits made by HPI, Associated, and Losi.

Comment

so its going to be more than 100 for a beginner one

Comment

a good one is a tc3 team edition which is like 300 bucks, thats what i'm rollin in, with a 19 turn motor and some other stuff.
                      Drifting with electrics requires less weight and has alot of power, but it runs on batteries. Nitros are pretty good at drifting IMO, because i have a 4wd rs4rtr3, and i drift with it all the time, it has a very heavy weight difference compared to the carbon fiber monster i call an electric r/c, and ganja is right about how the weight is prone to gaining excessive understeer and sometimes you need to replace stuff ALOT, such as the gearing if your engine is way outta proportion w/ your car like mine

Comment

Originally posted by CFran55
                        so its going to be more than 100 for a beginner one
                        Pretty much, but I've seen alot of great ready to run deals on Ebay. So just do some research.

Comment

heres some pics of my rc drifter.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

look at those eyelids custom!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X