X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check this vid out ;)

click!!

hahah yeaaaaah baby!!!

wow, the driver of the wrx is truly awsome.. i think i have seen this video b4 but its still always fun to see what paople can do... thanks for the post

Comment

seen it b4 but still cool. takes lots of practice. id like to see some rwd rc drifters though! rip up some tires

Comment

WOOOOWEEEE

Comment

1. This is not very hard.
          2. He doesn't even hit the lines correctly.
          3. Not possible with a 10th scale RWD spinitsidewayz!, sorry.

Comment

yeah the rwd ones just spin out.

Comment

Yeah, they're not too hard to get sideways, good control and following a good line takes more work though. Awd and low traction make it pretty easy. I have one of those cars, TC3 specifically, and I tried it rwd before. She's tough to control at speed. The suspension is set up bad, weight distribution crappy, and I'd prefer a better(faster) steering server. I had a tough time keeping the car straight above 20mph. I've since fixed a part of the problem(a tracking issue), but to have the control with just rwd is hard. It would take some time to get decent, but it would be very very cool.

Comment

Re: check this vid out

Originally posted by Senshi Tenshi
                click!!

hahah yeaaaaah baby!!!
                Eh? Where'd you come from?

Comment

Yeah, they're not too hard to get sideways, good control and following a good line takes more work though. Awd and low traction make it pretty easy. I have one of those cars, TC3 specifically, and I tried it rwd before. She's tough to control at speed. The suspension is set up bad, weight distribution crappy, and I'd prefer a better(faster) steering server. I had a tough time keeping the car straight above 20mph. I've since fixed a part of the problem(a tracking issue), but to have the control with just rwd is hard. It would take some time to get decent, but it would be very very cool.
                  Just go back to the stock setup, it's a brilliant setup for anything you'd want to try... Bad weight distribution? Say again??

Yes, it has a lot of weight on one side, but that is because of the way the motor is mounted, so it's torque will lift the chassis on one side.

RWD will never work to drift, and hardly for driving normal either... it's just not possible to keep it sideways, unless you have some unheard of gyrocontrolthingymajiggy for the car...

But yes, it would've been cool...

Comment

Bad weight distribution -> running a 10 cell pack, hehe. I've got brushless too(Lehner Basic series), putting out around 3/4hp, fun fun. She's a touch heavy on one side with that battery pack, lol. Oh, 3/4 hp is nothing. I know another guy running a Lehner 1540 capable of about 2hp. He made a vid of him roasting his tires, smoke everywhere, fun to watch. Otherwise, my setup is crap. I've never taken the time to tune the suspension and find what spring rates/shock oil rates I should be running. I should really do something about that, lol. Yes, I've heard the stock setup is nice. However, I don't race, just bash. I went straight for the rally kit and haven't looked back. I've even jacked it up further and made a Baja truck out of it, lol, but that's a bit off the subject.

Rwd isn't the problem. It's that the car really isn't to the tolerances needed to have a controllable car. That and I'm running a stock steering servo not really capable of the precision and speeds really needed to keep the tires where I'd want them.

Comment

Re: Re: check this vid out

Originally posted by Weapon X
                      Eh? Where'd you come from?

that's right. senshi tenshi is BACK

Comment

Rwd isn't the problem. It's that the car really isn't to the tolerances needed to have a controllable car. That and I'm running a stock steering servo not really capable of the precision and speeds really needed to keep the tires where I'd want them.
                        Believe me, no matter what tolerances you have, it would be impossible to drift. You can make an RWD work good with mellow understeer, but not for drifting.

Yes, the car might be good, but no driver can control it quickly enough. 5th Scale is actually possible to drift, since they're bigger and slower, and more stable. But give up 10th scale...

Comment

its possible! heavy understeer set up with lots of power (enough to get the car to oversteer) not as dramatic as awd. its more like powersliding and more often you end up spun around... (going back to awd )

Comment

@spinitsidewayz!: I've been racing R/C cars since I was ten years old, I've been a sponsored driver for the last few, and I've won what there is to win in Touring Modified in Norway, and also done very well at big races, even with a small budget. I know what works and what doesn't.

Drifting RWD nicely with control is yet to be seen.

Comment

I'd agree that with the small weight and the faster changes(than a larger, heavier car, 1/5th, full scale, etc...) it gets very very difficult. Impossible, I'd say not. I'm sure that some day, there will be someone that will. I'm not that someone, lol. Also, I'm speaking about asphalt driving as well. If you were on a lower friction surface like ice or running PVC pipe over your wheels like in the vid, movements slow down and become slow enough to react to. In that type if situation, rwd may be controllable, emphasis on may be, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X