Volkswagen R32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volkswagen R32

Anyone heard of it? can they use that name?
    here is a link and a pic:
    http://www.modernracer.com/vwr32.html
    Attached Files

Anyone heard of it.....everyone knows about it. Most will tell you they think its way overpriced. And yes they can use r32, because they are.

Comment

who hasnt heard of that lol

4 wheel drive

wouldnt buy it tho
      have you guys seen that jetta, leather recaro seats and evrything but its expensive.

Comment

Stupid POS

Comment

I read the specs and it'kinda fast.

I wonder why they called it the R32 though. That's not original unless they were paying homage to Nissan, which I doubt.

I think it uses the VW Phaeton engine.

Comment

Isn't it a 3.2l motor?

I've seen one on the street - looks like a GTI with a badge.

The AWD is some crazy system too, not the 4-motion I don't think.

It's still not as awesome as Dahlback Racing Golf RSI:

http://www.dahlbackracing.se/galleri...6&LanguageID=0
            http://www.dahlbackracing.se/english.../golf_rs1.html
            and the homepage:
            www.audituning.com

-MR
            Last edited by mranlet; 07-21-2004, 11:41 AM.

Comment

There was some tuner companies R32 volkswagon in either Motor Trend or Road & Track that with the stage 3 twin turbo, suspension, etc mods could hit 200 mph on pump gas. I hink it 0-60'd in the sub 3 second range. This thing was crazy fast

I will try and figure out what company it was..
              Last edited by nitroboy24; 07-21-2004, 11:39 AM.

Comment

http://www.europeancarweb.com/tuned/0401ec_vwgolf/

Not the exact same article I saw but the same car.

0-60 in 3.2 seconds (I could have sworn it was faster, guess not)
                1/4 mile in 11.4@119mph

Not too shabby

Comment

why can't they use "r32"?

Comment

R32 is a chassis code. It was never a name of a car. Also trademarks vary by country. Which is why Mitsubishi couldn't call the 3000GT a GTO (the name in Japan).

Comment

I've seen them down at the dragway cutting mid-14's all stock. Ok, I guess. There's a lot of potential there. They're not under the GTI badge because they're all wheel drive, something no GTI has ever been. The R32 is the only mk4 volkswagen I would drive.

The Dahlback Golf is rediculous, but actually didn't fair as well as you'd think it would at the European Car Uber Golf Challenge. That, and they put it on a dyno for real and it made...

DRUMROLL PLEASE....

587 wheel and 367 ft/lbs of torque. So much for his claims, dahlback is full of ish.

In fact....his rig kinda sucks. All wheel drive and it only managed to run a 14.4 @ 119.. No joke. I guess you could blame super tall gearing or whatever. Dahlback was huffing and puffing and whining about drag racing and the whole 9 yards when they did this part during the Golf Challenge. Actually, he complained the entire time.

It got WALKED ON by this:

Billy T's 1.8t mk2 GTI. At the Golf Challenge, he put down 419 hp and 315 ft/lbs. He then went out and proceeded to cut a 12.6 @ 121. On street tires. With interior and all that. He even outran the twin turbo R32 someone mentioned above, which ran 12.9. Leight weight carried the day.

All those numbers and info are from BillyT and Marcel Horn of HPA (the TT R32 guys) themselves, from their posts on vwvortex. Horn praised Billy up and down, saying that he was very impressed with Billy's car. He also didn't make excuses, he just said that they didn't have the TT R32 tuned in and couldn't get it to run well.

Dahlback sucks Billy T stomped his arse with a 12 year old front wheel drive car. Of couse, on a road course Dahlback will blow his doors off, but for the amount of work and money into it, and the claimed 900 horsepower....he sucks. That, and everybody there said he was an annoying little girl, hahaha.

He does build an impressive car though. Insane fabrication.
                      Last edited by Parry; 07-21-2004, 08:03 PM.

Comment

My friend has a 85' Rabbit GTI thats totally stripped down to just front seats. Me and him made a custom sheet metal dash board. I think its a 1.8 and has a little over 110hp. But the thing weighs like 1900lbs!! All it is is a little hatchback with nothing in it except front seat and an engine! Heres a pic of one:

Sorry there big.

Comment

Parry - I heard the same thing about the Dahlback RSI and its owners. There's no question that the car makes at least 600 or 650 at the crank, and that claim of 700hp isn't too far off with a bit more tuning. Dynos can vary a lot and AWD robs a ton of power - I'd be interested to see what the motor would make on an engine dyno...

Not to be sheepish, but I really don't care about drag racing :lol:, although it is kinda bad for both the R32 and RSI to be beaten by a FWD car. Of course, with the right modifications FWD can launch almost as hard as RWD and I'm sure Billy really knows his car.

HCI had an article about a year ago with a Corrado making something like 550hp. That thing was nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
                            Parry - I heard the same thing about the Dahlback RSI and its owners. There's no question that the car makes at least 600 or 650 at the crank, and that claim of 700hp isn't too far off with a bit more tuning. Dynos can vary a lot and AWD robs a ton of power - I'd be interested to see what the motor would make on an engine dyno...

Not to be sheepish, but I really don't care about drag racing :lol:, although it is kinda bad for both the R32 and RSI to be beaten by a FWD car. Of course, with the right modifications FWD can launch almost as hard as RWD and I'm sure Billy really knows his car.

HCI had an article about a year ago with a Corrado making something like 550hp. That thing was nuts.
                            Billy knows his ish inside and out...it's been said he's on of the best when it comes to the 1.8T. Still, the suspension mods to his car are nowhere near the RSI, and the R32 is a much newer and better suspension setup overall. Care about drag racing or not, what Billy pulled off is no joke.

(RANT WARNING) Actually...I can't see why a car enthusiast wouldn't be interested in drag racing. There's tons of skill and knowledge that goes into building those cars...and anyone who says it's "easy" to drive them can't think. Last time I checked, it wasn't easy to drive a car that will melt 5th on command to it's maximum potential. It may not be the most exciting thing in the world to watch, but it sure seperates out the talkers from the builders, and it'll also tell you the hard truth about your car's performance in....errr....20 seconds or less. For that last reason alone everyone should run at least once or twice.

Ahem, ANYWAY....Dahlback claimed 900, not 700...and Eurotuner put him on the cover saying 1200. Plus, it doesn't matter which of the 3 you choose, he's still under any of the claims.

I want a rabbit.

Comment

I do appreciate drag racing and the skill involved, but I'm justy not all that interested in it.

That claim of 1200hp is quite rediculous - I had heard "700-900" hp, which is still a bit outrageous. If they would have just said "a goal of 700hp" and it made 587 wheel on the dyno, I'd still be really impressed (587 is a ton of power in anything) - and like I said, it very well may make that 700hp at the crank.

The engineering on that RSI is simply ungodly, but it really doesn't say much for the tuning company that they couldn't get the car in tune to have it perform at its full potential

Comment

Working...
                              X