My Drift Day 18 Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Drift Day 18 Photos

Drift Day 18 was awesome! It was my first DD and it turned out to exceed my expectations.

I got to see some of the big names in drifting there, which is kind of intimidating when you know they're watching you run.

Thanks to my girlfriend for standing the heat and getting the pics.

And thanks to the instructor (sorry, I forgot his name) that gave me some great tips on my counter-steer technique (especially critical with the spin-happy miata).

It was my first time running a Phantom Grip limited slip adaptor...my rating on it: 5 out of 10 because it seems to work only half the time. For example, on the skid-pad, I only got a limited slip effect when I tried to drift circles with a radius of more than 15 feet. Tighter circles resulted in the diff peg-legging it.

okay, the first pic is of me rolling out for some runs...
    Attached Files

getting sideways on the main course...
    Attached Files

Comment

some counter-steering action...
      Attached Files

Comment

another main course pic
        Attached Files

Comment

turbo miata alley! there was also an NA miata there that was set up for autocross trying some drifting
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice pics and good job drifting. We need drift days here in ATL

Comment

You finally attended DD! Howcome you didn't tell me ahead of time?!? I could've entered! damit! he he.. Good job dude. How was the TURBO under that much heat? Hey, you're going next DD right? I think it's around September or something like that. (i'll check)

Comment

I saw you out there, i think you were giving it too much acceleration on the countersteer. You were spinning a lot, but for your first Drift Day i think you did excellent. I dont think you noticed me, I was one of the guys hanging out with Land Ho.

Comment

thanks for the comments. my car was spinning like a top a lot of the time on the main course. maybe i should try higher grip tires on the back to make it more predictable. i still have to work on my counter-steering though (the timing of it.)

CRASHDRIVE: sorry for not telling you i was gonna sign up for DD18. i hadnt posted for a while before DD18.

as for the turbo and heat, my car did warm up a little a few times on the skid-pad but i just let it cool for a minute and it was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by miata619drifter
                    thanks for the comments. my car was spinning like a top a lot of the time on the main course. maybe i should try higher grip tires on the back to make it more predictable. i still have to work on my counter-steering though (the timing of it.)

CRASHDRIVE: sorry for not telling you i was gonna sign up for DD18. i hadnt posted for a while before DD18.

as for the turbo and heat, my car did warm up a little a few times on the skid-pad but i just let it cool for a minute and it was fine.
                    He he, it's okay dude my car just recently did some over hauling anyways. Hey, how was the main course? Was it pretty short, again with just 1 long crest or sweeper?

Comment

Awesome. Nice photos. I second the motion that there needs to be Drift Day's in Atlanta.

Comment

Working...
                      X