Amauter Drifting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amauter Drifting...

This is my first thread on Drifting.com, so down hate, discriminate. I want this thread to be nothing but amauter drifting. Here's what i wanna see:
    1. amauter vid's
    2. amauter pic's
    3. discussion about midnight runs

I dont wanna see people coming on here and posting there drifting that they did at there local track day. I wanna see mountain drifting, parking lots, midnight runs (industrial area stuff), and discussion and storys about your drift happenings. Ive never seen anyone do this on another site, or this site, but i havent checked it out much so, im giving it a shot, thanks people.

but the members of this site never do any illegal activities...

Comment

Amauter Drifting.. why does it have to be on the street or moutain? Drifting on the track or on the street shouldnt matter. So automaticly when you drift on the track your a pro? Well one thing is for sure is that when you drift on the track you get 10x better than you would on the streets/moutain. I dont mean to hate and i know your intentions were good but im one of the people who think track drifting is the way to go but a nice lil touge run or parking lot ride is fun to do once in awhile but not worth the risk.

Comment

Im not saying drifting on the track means your not amauter. But when people post vids, there usually at tracks. Our drift team is all about midnight runs and touge. So thats what i like to do. You know that vid by SFL? I think the thread is called SFL, but thats what i wanna see.

Comment

amatuer means everyone basically. cause if youre not gettin paid, youre not a pro. :P

Comment

If anyone has videos, email them to him. Don't post em.

Comment

hmmmm....that's a good idea

Comment

The email thing is a good idea.

Well one thing is for sure is that when you drift on the track you get 10x better than you would on the streets/moutain
                I disagree with that. Cause on a mountain you really dont have any room for error and even Ueo said that touge makes your skill grow so much faster cause your head is in it just so much more. You focus more cause you cant mess up.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamSLIPdrifter
                  The email thing is a good idea.

I disagree with that. Cause on a mountain you really dont have any room for error and even Ueo said that touge makes your skill grow so much faster cause your head is in it just so much more. You focus more cause you cant mess up.
                  makes your skills grow faster? i think he said it was harder to learn in the touge cause if you crash, thats bucks.

Comment

Each person is diffrent. Most people will find it easier to learn at the track because its safer and you can push yourself harder. I really doubt anyone can push themselves past their limit on the mountain. Also japan is a lot diffrent from here.

Comment

With track you can push your car literally too the limit with many mistakes in between. Unlike the mountain...you make a mistake you crash your car or you die.

I just think theres too much ego with "tougers" saying their hardcore, because they'll risk there lives. You know what I want to get better, but theres no way in hell I'm going to trade my life for it.

Doing touge is memorizing the run, you think you get better because you can anticipate when a turn is coming. Go to another run and you have to learn all over...With tracks you can adapt alot faster and better, learn turns and speeds at which to take them.

I like cruising up the canyons, but I've seen too many go over to want to "try" to drive hard on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raziel
                        I really doubt anyone can push themselves past their limit on the mountain.
                        you probably didn't word that as you meant it, but to clarify you will push yourself over the limit a lot faster on a mountain than you will on a track.

and to the poster of this topic, go watch some more initial D, there's your mdnight runs and touge.

Comment

I have a video of me and my friends all edited and ready to go. I tried putting it on wetodddidracing.com or whatever, but it didn't work because my video is like 54,000 KB. So if anyone has AIM and they can host it, I would be glad to put it up here. My AIM screen name is Squints338. Or if the guy who started this thread wants to see our video, IM me, and I'll send it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by icantdrift
                            you probably didn't word that as you meant it, but to clarify you will push yourself over the limit a lot faster on a mountain than you will on a track.

and to the poster of this topic, go watch some more initial D, there's your mdnight runs and touge.
                            Like over your current ability, and inturn damaging something, right?

Comment

well you shouldnt push yourself to the limit on the mountain. just like nissanguy once said only like 60% of your ability. but if you commit to touge i think you could grow faster cause you really cant make a mistake. but yeh, different strokes for different folks. and i dont think Ueo has that "hardcore" attitude eigther about touge.

Comment

Working...
                              X