No announcement yet.

Amauter Drifting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think this argument is dumb, and doesnt get anywhere.... im a fan of both street and track....right now, i do it on the touge, mostly cause i cant afford to go to the trakc, and where im at there isnt much tracks that let you drift. so we go up to the mountain, but if we are drifting, we use walky talkies on this siongle hair pin and we check with the guy at the corner if its clear, then we go one at a time....we try to be safe as possible. i like to bust out in the industrial parks too, just cause its a little safer, and if the cops come you can actually maybe get away, no stuck on one road....and too all who say track is safer than street, i somewhat beg to differ....sure theres alot more control, but its just as unpredictable. my friend flipped while drifting on the track, and he had street drifted for several months prior. i dontknow, i guess its just different when you arent in a big place taht loves motorpsorts...

Comment

Originally posted by SilverGhost
      my friend flipped while drifting on the track, and he had street drifted for several months prior.
      Well that statement can't hold much ground to it, considering it can happen anytime any place, track or street. He probably caught a ridge of somesort and threw him over. But usually thats more safer on a track considering they should be constantly taking care of it, unlike a street which they sometimes pave every 10 years if you're lucky. But hey thats sucks but that should be some kind of supercious statement....

Comment

i know you cant make as much of a mistake on the touge as you do a track. but seriously guys. i'd love to see any of you and i mean ANY of you push yourselves past your limit on the touge. and doing choku's in between turns and linking ALL of them is above your limits. hell its above lots of peoples limits. show me a touge run of one of you guys doin this and then i'll say "touge people own". i dont have a problem sayin it either cause i learned to drift in the touge. but if i could have attended more drift sessions at the track, i would have. but theyre only once a month. it doesnt force me to go to the touge. it just made it more interesting.

get this TOUGE ELITIST crap out of your head. cause youre not impressing anyone. seriously.

Comment

like, totally. omg TOE-GHEY is SO-GHEY!

Comment

Not everyone tries to drift on the Mtn. Some of us know better and stick to grip for now.

I would love to go to a track just to practice, but #1. there are few in GA and #2. Im not rich enough to be able to pay to rent a track everytime I wanna practice.

Why does everything have to turn into a battle on this forum? First it was Domestics vs. Imports then Ricers vs. Drifters then Craig Lieberman vs. Drifting.com.
            Now its Mountain Drifters vs. Track Drifters? Give me a break!

Until GA. get a track where people like me can practice without breaking our wallets. I'll just stick to my Mtn. roads and empty parking lots.
            Last edited by jaydm180sx; 08-26-2004, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaydm180sx
              Not everyone tries to drift on the Mtn. Some of us know better and stick to grip for now.

I would love to go to a track just to practice, but #1. there are few in GA and #2. Im not rich enough to be able to pay to rent a track everytime I wanna practice.

Why does everything have to turn into a battle on this forum? First it was Domestics vs. Imports then Ricers vs. Drifters then Craig Lieberman vs. Drifting.com.
              Now its Mountain Drifters vs. Track Drifters? Give me a break!

Until GA. get a track where people like me can practice without breaking our wallets. I'll just stick to my Mtn. roads and empty parking lots.
              yeah, seriously. i wasnt trying to offend any of you, cause like i said, if i could, i would hit the track ALOT more often...but there really arent many tracks in CO period...let alone that allow drifting. i never said we drift every corner and stuff..when we go to the touge is more of making runs using more grip than anything else, and we just drift for some entertainment and good camera shots. i think you have to consider too that when someone in japan says touge, they usually arent as technical as they are in a place such as here, just because of the scale of the mountains....the roads that best motoring use for their "touge Showdown" peices look like cake comapred to what we are used to running... its not like we go all the time either, its just if we have the gas and are in the mood, we go late at night. its as simple as that.

once again, no offense intended

Comment

http://cs.uic.edu/~lso/RIP240SX.AVI

Comment

Originally posted by Reckless Hero
                  http://cs.uic.edu/~lso/RIP240SX.AVI

HAHAHAHA n00b!!!!1 way too fast...

Comment

SilverGhost: What is your experience on Japanese mountains?

Comment

You people are lucky you have mountains, in england its mostly flat unless you go to wales or right up north. The roads are terrible, potholes everywhere, just not in the same league as anywhere else in terms of conditions. Luckly drift days are quite cheap at the moment and its grat fun on the track.
                      I wouldnt reccomend learning to drift on a mountain road, learn on the track and then take that experience to the mountains.
                      Like others have said, loose it on a track and you spin onto grass or just come to a stop. Loose it on a mountain and you can flip your car, break through the railings, fall 500 feet to the ground and die in a huge ball of flames. How are you going to "learn" from that?

Some mountain vids are cool but its mostly incar footage and you cant really see the spectator side of the drift. I enjoy watching track drift vids because its all setup for it and the cameras are all in place to see everything.

Comment

Ill be frank with you guys, this is how it works with activities like this. Be smart about it. Dont show street signs or be like "Dude this is me on highway 72! 4 miles east of the police department! man them pigs aint smart!"

Put it this way be smart about what you post, make sure you cant be increminated for it, and the site cant be then post what you want.

For ethical or moral or technical concerns of track vs street practice, i highly suggest a good discussion on a different thread.

Comment

Working...
                        X