ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so somebody went drifting last night.....(vid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so somebody went drifting last night.....(vid)

.....and didnt do too well.

http://cs.uic.edu/~lso/RIP240SX.AVI

oh s#it!!!!!!

i heard that the girl recording the "drift" that was her car and the person wanted to drift it......sad.........

Comment

Sad.

Comment

Thats old...

Comment

ƒRƒ‰ƒVƒ…IIIIIIIIII

Welcome to drifting......99 billion cars salvaged.

Tough luck.Oh well.

Comment

did it roll, or just hop into the air?

and thats why you never let someone else drive your car, let alone drift it....

Comment

Originally posted by SilverGhost
              and thats why you never let someone else drive your car, let alone drift it....
              Exactly!

Comment

omg this is gonna sound bad But the girls response is jsut funnY as hell.

looks liek someone didnt read drifting 101

Comment

Crap happenes. it really sucks to see that happen but it will happen eventully (sp?), just wish it didn't happen that bad.

Comment

Well i noticed some obvious problems.

Lighting was fine
                    Conditions were fine
                    Road was fine
                    Car was fine

Driver was poor. Did anyone slow down the movie and see where he was pointing the steering wheel??? He judged it pretty badly. But then again what makes us good is what we learn from. I am sure in the future he will change entry speed and turning.

ohhhhh sh*t!

Comment

id have to agree that the road was fine, but they really should of been in a parking lot or something. Some where a little less hazardes. But it could of just ben a bad day.

Comment

if that car was her's, hell id have the same reaction...

kid's, stay away from curbs

Comment

Haha...I mean sorry to see that

Yeah, the drift looked ok at first, but when she panned and I noticed the road a little closer, um yeah. He(or she) could have braked more, turned in and increased angle, spun out to save wheels/suspension rather than let's see what'll happen if I just hold it. You live and learn. I'm just happy I have country roads to play on, no curbs, big, shallow ditches.

Comment

The driver simply failed to brake enough before the turn and stayed on the throttle too long, causing the momentum of the car to throw it way too wide and into the curb. This was caused by a lack of weight shift. I see this as being prevented a couple of ways.

One: letting off the throttle when you see you are going too wide. This causes the rear of the car to rotate more, causing the car to take a narrower line, or shooting the car into a spin and avoiding the curb altogether. Can also be achieved by holding (not slamming) the brakes mid-drift.

Two: Taking the turn at a slower speed to become aclimated to the cars reaction to throttle and steering input,and weight shifting techniques, then work your way faster. Simply put: more practice.

Comment

HAHAHAHA DANG! Oh man! the repsonse is great.. what did end up happening? i feel bad for the girl though...but you dont let other people drift your ride, something bad is bound to happen in those situations!! ive had my share of incidents, for example i used to drift my volvo 240 into my driveway at speeds inbetween 50 and 60 mph.. so one night i decided i would go and try the same thing in the local high school principals car (i was dating her daughter at the time) a 2000 honda accord. let's just say that i did damn near the same thing as holmes did but i hit the curb going straight backwards in front of our local sheriff around 65 mph. it was cool though, i got out of all the tickets and got away with only a broken rim and a flat tire. best thing yet though was that the sheriff put on my spare tire for me! hows that! i mean just imagine a police officer doing the dirty work of jacking up your ride and getting the spare tire out and changing your tire. it was great!

Comment

Working...
                              X