ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHYS MILLEN, Formula D Irwindale (VIDEO CLIPS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think part of the reason why he's able to get so sideways is because his car is set up to hold a large critical angle. He also has an LS1 which makes easy to steer through a series of turns with the throttle.

I would have to agreee with that entirely, as I know that modifying a steering box and/or changing the specific geometry of A-Arms and steering rods etc., will give a vehicle more or less of a tight turn radius. The LS-1 issue is something to be addressed also as YES, when you start with 350 b.h.p. and 355 ft. lb. torque...F A CT O R Y. Ya have a tendency to "spank" people. I know that car has had some "hops" to boost it even further...just listen to it!! Sounds Hungry dont it?! IT is. heh..

another part of the insane angle was with his huge fraeking air guide thing. i swear he did a 90* angle coming off the oval one lap.

In actuality, I dont beleive that over-all, when it comes to getting sideways that the "Wing" on the back of his car has all that much to do with it...Unless of course it is there to ensure that he doesnt get OVER-sideways. As in, such a critical angle as to spin out. I know that usually, the wing of that size is for maintaining stability, NOT on or in corners, but rather on the Straights, and during VERY high speed top-end runs. But it could help with the vehicles "Correctivity"...its ability to return to true after a high speed drift. Also, in reflection, so long as he is drifting near 60+ MPH, the wing could be effective...but it will tend to "bleed" downforce off, and rather aggresssively I might add, the more sideways that he gets.

Yes, Rhys IS a bada&s, Yes, he does spank people, and yes he does get up on them....but remember also, though drifting is what it is, it is also VERY much R A C ING. IF, he has a good sized HOLE, I would be disappointed if he DIDNT take it. But from what I saw, he did a wonderful job in NOT forcing his nose where it didnt belong, and even backed out when he was too close....he didnt hit Dai...He hit Chris I think, judging by the failing bumperskin after the second run....but yeah...Rhys is the Man...Drivin one of the Baddest vehicles to hit American streets in 30+ years. Peace fellas...sorry the post is sooooo long. Heheheheh

Comment

Working...
    X