No announcement yet.

Another FF civic drift video. (not the old one) PRETTY TIGHT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that guy is mad good very nice, i think its kinda cool to see FF enter drifting. i have no problem with it. i think more people should try it just as long as they dont turn it all ricer and F&F style. that would be so *Censored**Censored**Censored*. anyways..nice vid

Comment

You guys thought that was good? I'm wiht Kyle on this... the line was so off. Yuck, it looked really sh!tty to me.

Comment

While the driver has mad skill, and the rear tires on an FF car can be made to slide, drifting in an FF car will always be like driving a car backwards in reverse to go forward: It CAN be done, but it wasn’t meant to be driven that way.

Comment

RWD drifting is like sex. FWD drifting is just masturbating.

Comment

he drifting was nice, and yes, his line was obviously off...it was terrible infact, but the course he was on and jus being FF, the situation he was in was bad...but he did what he could with it.

the banks and stuff will no doubtly have some sort of negative effect on the EF as it's meant to be on actual drift courses...or at leats road courses...

i bet if u took him to Tsukuba or any other road course, his line would be much better...i mean look at the other video of him, that's back in the day, and his line was pretty good and the angle as well...especially for a FF car...

i jus wanna see anybody who says anythign deragortory againest the guy to take him on in a full fledge drift battle...then we'll see who's better...

Comment

Hatakeyama is a very skilled driver and has the ability to hold good lines at Irwindale. In fact he did it all day long there. You are only seeing a small portion of his run in that clip. Also, keep in mind he is putting on a Demo for the fans around the outside k rail and obviously line is not considered.

Speaking on behalf of the Falken Staff, I assure you SLIPCLUB that no one with Falken said they have been competing in D1 with the FF. It has only been used for the Formula D event here in the states and will be used on the same basis over the next year. Also, the suspension was tuned by Sugano-san with Tein and took roughly 4 runs to dial it in with the EDFC controller at Irwindale Speedway. Also, the paint job that is now placed on all the drift cars is not the "Drift Alliance paint job". The blue and green scallops are Global Falken Tire Motorsports colors and they will be applied to all Team Falken Sponsored vehicles. The new Azenis sport that was debuted at SEMA is not a Drift only tire (Azenis-D???). The real name is Azenis Sport RT-615. The tire is a direct replacement for the current Azenis sport and replaces it in confidence that it is an all around sports driving tire. The tire will be released in Japan at Tokyo Auto Salon in January. For once we get something before they do!

If you are a lover or hater of F Dori and live in the So Cal area, feel free to check out the Falken Tire Drift Show off on November 21. There will be plenty of RWD action and Hatakeyama will be there putting on some demo sessions with Team Falken. He will also be around to field any comments or questions you may have.

Kyle, why don't you come out and show us all how good you are!?

Comment

Haha how about you pay for him to ship his car to the mainland and back? Believe me, he is more than willing to battle anybody over there in the states. No funds ...

Comment

Why should I or anyone else have to pay for him? Everybody else that is here drifting is paying there own way?

I love F Dori and would love to see him come here to battle everyone, not just Hatakeyama. But if he is every bit as good as you guys say he is (and I agree) he needs to get his @$$ over hear and find a way to get to the track, just like everyone else! It's not like there aren't any civics here he couldn't set up and drive.

All that I am saying is, right now, to prove something to everyone here he needs to come over to the states and get it done! Quit talking about it and do it. And quit criticizing the only FF guy that has made the sacrifices (Family, work, money) and commitments to come over from Japan to showcase his incredible skill. And believe me he is very talented. I was the only one fortunate enough to ride along with him at Irwindale and needless to say........he impressed the $@#& out of me and I've riden with some of the best RWD drivers Japan and the States have to offer.

As you and I both know, it (F Dori) is very different but the amount of work he does in that cockpit is insane just to keep the car sliding and mimicking the lines of the faster more powerful RWD cars.

Less hostility, more action!

Comment

110Octane:
                    Sorry to give out such misinformation. I stand corrected at everything I was trying to say. I do believe I was told that it was difficult at Irwindale because of the bank, although I wasn't there.

Maybe I was just misinformed or something about the suspension, because the older gentleman that spoke to me at Nopi was just avoiding giving me any details on the car.

And I really only had some SEMA pics to compare the paint job...sorry. I still don't like it on that car.

Once again my info on the Azenis was from Sema pics, and since it was debuted on all the drift cars, I assumed...

To Hatekayama, keep up the good work for diversity in FF Drift. You look great doing what you do.

If anyone knows of any posters ever made with the Black and Red F-dori Car I'd love to get my hands on one!

Comment

Well if you're gonna call him out like that then there's the answer. I think he should be allowed to give his own opinion without being called out. Unless someone else pays for it, its not gonna happen. Its not exactly easy to "show you instead of telling you" when you have to ship your car by boat 3000 miles. Out of all the local drifters we have over here, very very few are sponsored. None drive their own cars at mainland events. People have told Kyle he could use their car, but they didnt come through. Can you provide him with a car? Its really easy for people to say stuff, harder for stuff to actually happen. Thats just life. So until something happens, you'll just have to read about our events or watch videos of our events if you want to "see it". Just like how we have to read about your guys events and watch vids since we cant see them in person. Last time Drift Showoff came down to Hawaii, both Kazama and Kumakubo gave respect to Kyle. I dont think he has to prove anything to anybody.

Comment

Working...
                      X