No announcement yet.

I'm drifting no more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What really comes to my mind is why you took the time to post this here. Okay, you can not drift and now that you have seen jgtc series, which everybody here loves too, what makes you think that racing on the circuit is going to be easier? Just in case you have not noticed drifting has its roots in circuit racing, just like drift matic stated, there are many jgtc drivers that drift or have drift before they started racing in that series.

Comment

It seems to me like he was turned on by the JGTC, not turned off by drifting difficulty. He never said he was converted because it was easier...

Comment

I've been to a lot more racing schools than drifting schools and have had a decent amount of track time, trying grip driving.

Plus grip driving I would say is far more intuitive--you understeer, slow down. There are so many variables with drifting.

Don't worry, I want to continue to learn both. It was more a figure of speech.

Plus, I can't not watch drifting--a few friends of mine have a drift car that they campaign for Formula D and D1. I try to help when I can. Check out the car on the November cover of Import Racer. It's sweet an RB26DETT-powered 240SX.

-ty

Comment

why not just say you are a big fan of motorsports. personally i am intrested in many things. i dont think i would ever imagine drifting as a career for myself but its cool that anyone can try. i think i will probably end up dabbling in a bit of both grip and just drifting for fun or something. well good luck with whatever.

Comment

You're right, I am a big fan of motorsports, but I don't think many drivers are making much of a career out of drifting right now. Seems to be very little money it it. At least right now, that'll probably change in the coming years once corporations drop a bit of cash into the sport.

Comment

I was acting sarcastic oops

Comment

okay..figure of speech, no biggie. With time you should figure out how to initiate a drift pretty easily, either through a clutch kick or braking (e-brake too), it took me little less then a year to figure that out, including the dynamics of my vehicle during a drift. So, with your background you should be fine. Keep at it!

Comment

Was there some reason you can not enjoy both?

Comment

Originally posted by banged240_drift
                    japnese nascar? WTF i meant no disrespect to the guy who started cause he was merely stating his opinion, but to say JGTC is japanese nascar? im just going to assume your uneducated,
                    lets compare, how many turns does nascar have? 2....2 left turns at every track now i know some tracks may see to have three but that bulge in the track isnt a turn, its just a wider track.
                    how many turns does does JGTC have? there isnt a real answer since every track they race at is different
                    nascar-steel tube frames
                    JGTC/any gt series - highly modified factory chassis
                    i could give more but any more time devoted to this would make me as ignorant as you
                    When you say Indy, do you mean Champ Cars (CART)? Because Indy cars do the exact same thing as NASCAR, go around in a circle. And the last time I checked, NASCAR has at least 2 maybe 3 road race courses that they go to every year. But I doubt most of you guys ever watch NASCAR, so you wouldn't know that. I'm probably the only person on this forum that likes NASCAR, as is all forms of motor racing (and no, I'm not a redneck). And I'm also pretty sure none of you guys would be able to do what those drivers do every week.

And to comment on the Japanese NASCAR, I think it was meant as JGTC is the biggest (popular) form of racing that brings in the most amount of money in Japan.

Comment

Just because you find something that catches your attention better than drifting doesn't mean you should completely let go. Personally I try to practice different forms of driving and vary my style. I practice drifting as much as I practice grip driving and finding the apex of a turn. I even practice driving fast in a straight line (drag). I could be just as happy watching scca racing as I would be JGTC or formula one or nopi nationals. Sorry if I got off topic but my brain tends to drift.

Comment

Originally posted by s14driftingTX
                        I watch Formula One every race, now I want to race one. I always have and always will but, I have about no chance of that ever happening. This is why I love drifting, anyone with a rear wheel drive car can do it, just takes a lot of practice to be really good. Drifting seems like it is the most attainable to mimick in your own car. You don't have to spend thousands of dollars to drift. Sure I would love to go out in a JGTC car or ALMS car or especially an F1 car but, this wont happen, these teams have huge budgets that are something that one person could not wish to do, but I can put a few thousand and compete in D1, it's all up to driver skill.
                        Same with me, i watch F1 like a religon, when im in school on fridays, i go on f1 site and just look at the live timing. Every time i see those things go like hell, it makes me want to at least watch it. There are other forms of motor racing out there. Some are serious and competitive, and others are more about entertainment. Point is, whatever you pick as your base for your car hobby, its still cool. So go see if you can join JGTC and then tell us on your progress! Personally i think you have better luck in F1. :\

Comment

Working...
                        X