US Drift Coverage - Phoenix, AZ - *PIX*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Drift Coverage - Phoenix, AZ - *PIX*

First, a huge thanks to Brady Dohrman and the organizers of this event. Drifting has been tough to get going here in AZ with closures of major motorsports parks, nitpicky track owners, and ocassionally lack of local support. We were happy to see that some folks were able to make it from out of state to this event - and we hope that you had a blast!

I also enjoyed the opportunity to shoot motorsports again - it's been a while since I've shot more than just some hard parking. :-P

Second, I've got plenty of footage that should be compiled and edited into a pretty sick video trailer, but this might take at least another week to put together. Special thanks to Elvis Sandoval and Jeff Hoffman for assisting with the footage duties.

Anyhow, onto the pix. I am upping some of my current favorite pix in a new format/gallery that I will be using a bit more often. Upping should be done soon and I'll probably update this thread tomorrow or something..

Next - a few in-thread sample shots starting with ACTION:

Moving on to people:

Keeping it moving with a few vertical shots of some hard parking:

Last edited by friscomgm; 09-21-2004, 04:10 AM.

Keeping it going - the CARNAGE of the day:

17x10 +25 on stock fenders with slight roll? Not a problem!

A few macros thrown in for good measure:

And wrapping things up with a wide angle shot (it finally started raining on our way home):

Hope you guys like the shots! Online gallery coming soon...
    Last edited by friscomgm; 09-21-2004, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Oh snap, that mini looks totaled. Nice Pics, like the flat olive color s13.

Comment

i agree the flat olive green s13 is sick....i got an idea for my miata o.0

very nice pics...the first one with the s14 is jus cool though...iono why...lol, ery cool, looks like you guys had a good time

Comment

nice pics, im gonna hop on the bandwagon and say that olive s13 is the sex.

Comment

Looks like you guys were having some fun in the rain that was long overdue I too agree that the olive green 240 looks nice.

And that red E30 looks like it could be done for I might get lucky and get a '91 318is this weekend though

I need to head over to az240sx.org more often, I keep on missing all the AZ drift events!

Nice pics!
            -John

Comment

nice paics, and man some pretty bad crashes, do you have any vids of the crashes or just the pics. Looks like something bad happened

Comment

the mini bounced off the tire wall than flipped like 6 times landing on a blue bmw then 3 other cars got in to it that was on the comp class race and no accidents for the drift session we rule

Comment

http://www.friscomix.com/images/US_DRIFT_2/index.html

Gallery is up!

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis
                    i agree the flat olive green s13 is sick....i got an idea for my miata o.0

very nice pics...the first one with the s14 is jus cool though...iono why...lol, ery cool, looks like you guys had a good time
                    Nothing to do with your actual post but I just have to say it.

Your Sig is awesome!!!! Lmao, I have been dreaming of doing that at my work in the golf cart they have Haha, I me and my friends should wait for a rainy day then go to the golf course by my house, rent carts, and hold a golf cart drift contest!! Oh boy, that would be fun..

Comment

bump

Comment

What's the offset of the rear wheels on the white silvia?

Comment

WOW! the first one with the s14 splashing through the water is such a great pic. major respect to the photographer

Comment

the guys are from az240sx.org any questions should be asked there i think there is only a few oh us that check this forum

Comment

olive green, s13 is amzing, never though that paint would look good, that viper looks sick too

Comment

Working...
                              X