Clear All

• RS*R has a new toy for its S14

RS*R has a new engine for its S14.

Tomei powered. Holy s*it.
    Attached Files

wow.
    Attached Files

Comment

looks good, but whats the difference betwwen a regular sr20 and this one?

Comment

THis one is iirc 2.2 L, has full Tomei catalog from cams (i don't know the specs though) to the Con rods and pistons to in house polishing and porting, headgasket, rings, rocker arm stoppers, pulleys, oil pan, turbo, manifold, etc etc... anything they make. It also has the Ikeya Formula ITB (individual Throttle Bodies) though i'm not sure in the pic, cause if they have the ITBs, they probably also have the Ikeya Intake Mani, so that pic MAY be old. But if it is current, the have the stock upper intake mani and the lower portion is the ITBs.

If you ever hear this car run it is amazing. it is SO loud and SO responsive. IT is seriously seriously insane.

Comment

can we say torquey

wow i would love to hear that thing go!

Comment

ahh man get used to that folks, because i am considering buying a tomei engine guy, im actually talking to one of the guys on the phone right now. ahah just kidding i wish, ive only got 8gs for my project . at least the first stage of it, maybe by stage 3 or 4 ill have either a fully built sr20 or a tomei one.

someone get sum specs state

TORQUEY

Comment

oooooohhhhhh, aaaaaaaahhhhhhh, eeeeeeeee!

Comment

I bet that thing is beast!

And ITB's are the pimp shizzle!!

If only I had that kind of dough
                Oh, and a 240sx with an SR swap would probablly be good to have also. Hehe..

Comment

Great car. Note that's the top version of an SR20 from Tomei, the other one has less parts inside. But man, I would even be happy to run a stock Silvia... I wonder if it has a 5 or 6 speed tranny from an S15?

Comment

if i do remember correctly, in Hyper Rev that motor is listed at 1,300,000 yen, so appox 13,000 USD

how long has that motor been in te RS*R S14?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                      Great car. Note that's the top version of an SR20 from Tomei, the other one has less parts inside. But man, I would even be happy to run a stock Silvia... I wonder if it has a 5 or 6 speed tranny from an S15?
                      5 speed form the S14. Since it is the strongest SR tranny and S15 6 speeds are the weakest.

Of course, its pretty likely that the mission has been swapped for OS Giken gears or something aftermarket. Since $13,000 on an engine is insane.

Comment

yummy....

Comment

Tomei makes 2.2 motors and 2.1 motors.
                          i know Non has a tomei motor.
                          i THINK one of the 510 guys has one as well, but it might just be a valve cover similarity.

it's a shame that the car is considered "RS*R's car" rather than "Hayashida's car"
                          i miss the neon green too.
                          only a hint of it is left.

EDIT - OOO RS*R is super close to my work. i'll take a trip down there to check the car out for myself.
                          Last edited by Brian; 09-22-2004, 11:42 AM.

Comment

and people complain about factory cars! haha GOT DAMN!! Nice motor...but $13k? Damn that's just crazy insane.

Comment

not if you look at it like this

93 240sx- $1,000
                              suspension- $2,000
                              cage, seat, 5poin harness- $1,000
                              Body and Wheels- $2,000
                              misc- $1,000
                              Tomei motor- $13,000

Full race car $20,000
                              still cheaper than a 350z

Comment

Working...