No announcement yet.

Initial D movie pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, Chinese people make a few live action versions of animes. I have City Hunter which is in Chinese. It was originally a manga/anime too. Jackie Chan plays the main character. But I see what you mean, it would be nice to have the ID movie in Japanese.

Comment

It's a CHINESE movie, that's why. They're not marketing it to suit the wants of japanese people, it's a HK movie, so they're going to get cantonese pop stars and such to attract the audience. If they hired an all japanese cast, the movie would take twice as long to make due to language barriers, travel, etc. It's like hiring Japanese people to make the American remake of the Ring. What's the point? They already have their own version. In this case, there is no Japanese version, so HK is taking the initiative. Who cares about this chinese/japanese cast nonsense, everyone should just be glad that the movie's coming out and everything is following the series pretty well. I think it's already pretty good that they're filming in Japan on all the real mountain roads (ie Mt Haruna). The movie is a condensed version of the series so everything can't be in it, but everything still looks good.

I'd only be disappointed if it turned into some fast and furious gangsta crap and I hope it won't. BTW, Fast and Furious was just a rip-off of a HK movie called Legend of Speed 2.

Comment

Where can I download Legends of Speed2?

Comment

Wow, this is crazy stuff.
          I'm cantonese! (sucks for those who need subtitles)

I'd only be disappointed if it turned into some fast and furious gangsta crap and I hope it won't.
          you said it better than me. They're probably going to act badly, or make some really crazy movie with over the top weird-ness (is that a word?) like in shaolin soccer.

Comment

Hk movies are well.... HK movies. They're not made on huge hollywood budgets and could be considered cheesy at times, but if you can look beyond that, HK churns out some seriously badass movies.

Comment

Jesus! The guy playing Takumi looks, erm, quite like my older sister. They couldn't have chosen a worse person for that place, could they?

The 32 looks just sooo good. I really love it with those black rims. It's quite interestng that Keisuke's RX-7 doesn't look exactly like in the 4th Stage episodes. It has a stock bumper with an additional lip, whereas the cartoon one had an aftermarket one with integrated foglights. It looks like...

http://gallery.tsukaeru.jp/mo/momi025-18-68p.jpg

...that. Quite similar to the original cartoon bumper.

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/albu...photo=13619239

I hope the movie won't be that bad as I think it will be. Somebody will just have to make it downloadable, as it is surely not going to be released in cinemas here in Europe.

Comment

Keisuke has a mazdaspeed kit on his rx-7, but I've never heard anything about it being cheap and with $13 mil to make a blockbuster, you gotta make the buck count. But asia's full of copies, but they could have found a cheap mazdaspeed bootleg if they tried.

I think they chose Jay Chou as the cuz he has the look of a guy that hasn't slept in days, like Takumi. Plus, he's popular. I think Edison who either plays ryosuke or keisuke was the first choice.

And they could picked someone worst for the role... Paul Walker.

Comment

wonder who theyll hire to drive?

Comment

wonder who theyll hire to drive?
                    ... no one... i think...
                    they can't afford drivers lol
                    they drive themselves
                    (i think..)

Comment

how come they have the FD in the pics but kyoski isnt in the little character thing....unless im mistakin kyoski as "ryoski" in the character thing.

and then the fact that its a intial d movie its kinda cool......but me being chinese also....it feels kinda LAME......

Comment

It's gonna be funny watching them try to explain how a stock AE86 can outrun a Skyline GTR. Especially one with 380bhp.

Comment

takumi's special ultra super mega good driving skills ?

Comment

haha thats a good one steph

Comment

japanese drivers played by chinese actors and gonna be in chinese language with subtitles.... how horrible can it be? god dammit, they ripped us a new one

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami
                                It's gonna be funny watching them try to explain how a stock AE86 can outrun a Skyline GTR. Especially one with 380bhp.
                                I'd believe it. Put a better driver in 2300lbs car on a mountain road vs 3000+lbs car that was really meant for the circuit and I'd put my money on the Trueno.

Comment

Working...
                                X