No announcement yet.

Initial D movie pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know where the Making of Initial D clip came from? Looks like a show from China

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon X
      You guys might wanna see this
      that video has already been posted

Comment

Originally posted by shinkyo
        that video has already been posted
        Well excuse me for not navigating through 6 pages of Initial D related material. I just thought you guys might find in interesting. And no I didnt get permission from an Initial D forum, I wouldn't even consider registering for an Initial D forum and I doubt the site I got it from got permission either. BTW Nate is right, Initial D with Chinese actors in cantonese is lame. No buts, it's just LAME and totally ruins it, how would you like it if they made Battle Royale 3 in Zimbabwe with an all african cast? Nevermind that'd be kinda cool...but you get the point.

Comment

Sure, it's sorta lame putting chinese guys in a japanese show. You should think though, that the movie was made by a chinese guy, targeted toward the chinese audience, so the actors should be chinese as well. What's the point of getting japanese actors to try to do the movie in chinese?

China also has more people than Japan, so the movie could sell to more people for more profit. If Zimbabwe was populated enough, I'm pretty sure that they're gonna make a Battle Royal (whatever that may be) for zimbabwe people.

Comment

Ohhhhh yeaaaah, I just remembered they made the Initial D cartoon dubbed in Chinese as well.

I wonder why a Japanese film maker didnt think of the idea first. It'll be weird seeing people named Takumi and Iketani speaking chinese, but I guess that's not the cantonese pronounciation of their names anyway.
            Last edited by Weapon X; 10-23-2004, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoriAltis
              I brought up the topic of what Bunta drives after Yarzan posted he had seen new episodes of 4th stage. I didn't see the point of wasting more space on the forum by creating a new thread when I can get an answer within a few posts. I started this thread, not you. No one made you a moderator to police around threads. If you felt so concerned about matters that are not yours, why don't get on the backs of people that posted about the Fast and Furious in thread, it has less to do with than Bunta's WRX. They ended so it's no big deal. You claimed you weren't flaming, but that's exactly how you came off as.
              im sorry did i hurt your feelings?

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon X
                Well excuse me for not navigating through 6 pages of Initial D related material. I just thought you guys might find in interesting. And no I didnt get permission from an Initial D forum, I wouldn't even consider registering for an Initial D forum and I doubt the site I got it from got permission either. BTW Nate is right, Initial D with Chinese actors in cantonese is lame. No buts, it's just LAME and totally ruins it, how would you like it if they made Battle Royale 3 in Zimbabwe with an all african cast? Nevermind that'd be kinda cool...but you get the point.
                If you wanted to know it's NOT an ID forum. and that's the server of a member of that site which uploaded it. NOT an ID site if you were wondering again. But yeah, it is kinda lame that it's in chinese instead of japanese without the japanese cast and stuff, but nevertheless, it can't be THAT bad.
                Last edited by dreamdrivedrift; 10-23-2004, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Weapon X, the clip is still cool even though someone beat you to it. First time I saw some real footage from the movie.

In these situations, there's no satifying anyone I guess. If japan came out with the ID movie first, that'd be the best case senario, but they didn't. If Hollywood made the movie, I bet there'd be just as many, if not more, people complaining. Everyone just needs to keep in mind that the movie's being made for the HK audience, there's no point in having a japanese cast for a number of reasons.

Bottom line: just be glad someone's making it

Nasty, no you didn't, but thanks for the concern

Comment

Originally posted by nasty nate 7
                    im sorry did i hurt your feelings?
                    No I think you're pissing him off.

Funny how you talk about not being on topic but you're the one trolling around here too. Awwwww, look at that we're even.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiDE
                      No I think you're pissing him off.

Funny how you talk about not being on topic but you're the one trolling around here too. Awwwww, look at that we're even.
                      im not pissed at all, i already said what i wanted to say. this movie can take it and shove up thier assssess, why dont they just have black guy playing takumi? and better yet, get that brian o connor guy to play ryosuke, yea thatd get the action going

Comment

• If anyone's so concerned about Initial D not having a Japanese cast, go make your own movie. Go ahead, no one's stopping you, in fact, I'll be first in line to see it. Get some Japanese friends and some Hot Wheels together and make it happen.

If anyone's so deadset about a japanese cast, then don't watch it. No one's forcing you. The concept's the same as Rhys being booed cuz he drives a GTO. Everything has to be JDM, right?

People on this forum bash ID all the time, and when something like a movie comes up, they act like they own the franchise and someone's screwing with their property. There's no pleasing fanboys.

Be grateful the movie's being made. It's a lot more truthful than any version that might roll out of Hollywood

Comment

• From what I've seen on TV, Japanese dubs of foreign movies are awesome, so if they dubbed the Cantonese into Japanese with the original voice actors, problem solved with probably equal or better acting.

And the chick playing Natsuki is extremely cute, so no complaining!

Not to mention.. no CG.

But when I saw the gesture that Kyouichi made, I thought "WTF? What is this, the Fast and the Furious?"
                          Last edited by Valkyrie; 10-25-2004, 04:28 AM.

Comment

• ahhhh sweet. lol cant wait for it to come out on the net. lol fun fun fun

Comment

• But when I saw the gesture that Kyouichi made, I thought "WTF? What is this, the Fast and the Furious?"
                              Well...HK "gangster" culture is a bit like the one here, only toned down.

Not to mention.. no CG.
                              FnF creators must be spitting in their non-existant graves. Paul Walker is gonna have a heart attack after finding out that these stunt drivers can drive better than him.

Comment

• Kyouichi = Not Gangster

Kyouichi = Experienced Circuit and Touge Racer

No one ever makes any gestures like in Initial D. Ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X