No announcement yet.

Initial D movie pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyochi kicks butt, but the way they made him in the little trailer in mandarin seemed like one of those wanna-bes.

Did anyone notice how the directors were playing with toy cars to plan the car moves...AND BUNTA HAS HIS EYES CLOSED! (yes really.)

Comment

• yea, bunta with his eyes closed was sweet

paul walker is actually a decent driver. IF it wasn't CG in the FnF, Paul Walker did it. So i give him props for that at least.

I'ma go look for a pirated version...lol...

Comment

• I think he should have his eyes almost all the way closed, not fully closed, since it looks basically the same, but more like the manga (imo). Having him on camera with his eyes fully closed the entire time is just strange.

Comment

• The clip looks good, I'm really looking forward to the movie.
          I don't like the idea of live action movies in general but I am relieved after seeing the preview. Only good live action I have seen done are non action series like GTO and kindaichi, most are crap like mortal kombat, mario bros(oh god the horror), sailor moon, and etc. Stories are "localized" all the time before they are sold to their target audience. This is a CHINESE movie based on a JAPANESE story targeted to chinese people. So all the japanese and JDM fanboys who are hating need to acknowledge that. You need to give them props for getting support from avex and travel to the original locations to film it. For those who doesn't understand japanese then you wouldn't understand even if its done in japanese anyway.

I think Bunta's car is a type r riced up to look like a 22b
          Last edited by Lagg; 10-26-2004, 02:22 AM.

Comment

• ...check page 6 of this thread or something. They confirmed that Bunta's car is not a 22B.

Comment

• OK, first of all: Hello everyone.

I just had to register here because of this thread.

About ID movie being chinese:

It's okay with me. I'd much rather see it chinese than hollywoodshit. Of course, it'd be great to have real japanese cast but oh well..like someone said, at least they're asian people.

The thing that kind of sticks up is that the movie being chinese and the events occurring in japan seem quite contraversal. The names are red differently and you can see ganas and kanas all around, which aren't used in china. Yet still those guys speak chinese . At least it's an addition to the humor factor.

I like the driving and the fact that the car's aren't equipped with neonlights, NOS nor ridiculous wings, like in F&F *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. Had a good laugh when reading your Paul Walker comparsions earlier on .

I'm looking forward to this one. Hell, I'd even pay for it, should it appear available somewhere with subtitles, moreover japanese dub. I love the anime too, but I like to think of these both as merely entertainment, rather than trying to bring them to reality, like some "ID-n00bs" do.

Another funny thing is that racing by drifting looks soooo slow compared to gripping. Of course this is also an entertainment factor but still .

--Matsu

Comment

• I guess I'll take a lot of flak from Cantonese, but why the fudge can't they pronounce the original words rather than having some totally random Chinese word in place of a foreign word? I think Chinese (in China, not Chinese Americans :P) do this for foriegnors names too, but I'm not sure how that works.

It's not that hard to say Initial. Or Takumi. Even English dubs usually get the names to sound like, you know, the actual names... no matter how bad someone mis-pronounces a Japanese name in an English dub, it still sounds better than whatever seemingly Cantonese word they would substitute it for in a Cantonese dub (or sub).

*runs away from the group of Angry Asians staring at him*

I also noticed that the first kanji in the Cantonese title for Initial D (which would usually be written as Kashiramoji in Japanese) was different, but that's normal due to the differences in Chinese and Japanese use of Kanji...

Comment

• It's just a cultural difference. If you were to say something like 'Tom Cruise' in chinese, it'd be the same thought process as saying it in japanese, but if a chinese person were to read a japanese name, they would read the japanese characters (or as much of it that is possible) in a chinese sense. Chinese people just read it as if it were chinese, though most of the time, it makes little sense in the chinese language, due to once again cultural differences.

I think the reason why the movie isn't called "Initial" D, probably cuz cantonese people are more likely to read something in chinese characters than english. A lot of things are translated (not romanized) in chinese, especially movie titles. If I were to ask my cousin in taiwan what Initial D is, he'd probably draw a blank face at first and then go,"ooh, you mean "Tou Wen Zi" D. But if you were to ask him who the main character is, he'd just simply say Takumi. I'm not sure if the movie is going to use japanese or chinese names, but they're somewhat used interchangeable.

the characters for "Initial" are exactly the same in chinese and japanese in a hiragana sense( correct me if I'm wrong, which ever form was based on chinese characters). In the Making clip, the first character was written differently, cuz it's in simplified form, so it might look weird.

Comment

• Tom Cruise in Japanese still sounds like Tom Cruise though, only slight different (tomu kuruzu). What does it sound like in Chinese? I wouldn't know since I haven't studied Chinese to any extent except that I learned Gwailo from Deus Ex... hehehehe.

Comment

• it's similiar, like tam ka ru si, but to hell with that guy and his fake laugh

Comment

• I agree w/ the prouncing thing but it probably is that hard for them to speak english right. A good number of the stars and audience probably can't so they localize it w/ their own language.
                        I got used to reading subtitles so I actually prefer all of them to speak the native language but that is probaby weird for the majority of the viewers.

Comment

• Well, I'm used to listening to the Japanese (and understanding maybe 30%) and reading the subs at the same time.

It would probably be pretty cool with a Japanese dub using the original actors. Just last night I saw the Japanese dub of Star Wars, which was quite good.

But who the hell is the guy with the mustauche?

Please tell me it's not Keisuke...

Comment

• I can't wait to see it . It should turn out to be a very entertaining "MOVIE".

Comment

• I'd be happy with the episodes of 4th stage.
                              Maybe if I lived over there I could see them on pay per view.

Comment

• Does anyone have some news or links to the Initial D movie? www.mediaasia.com has a tiny bit of info on the movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X