Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240sx R/C drifting

http://media.wildhobbies.com/yokomo_driftcars.wmv

I think I have seen this thing 100 times. Thank god someone keeps posting it. Everytime I see it I get a great big Ron Jeremy sized wood staff. That's some of the coolest stuff I ever seen. Going to get an RC car next weekend.

Comment

yeah i think it makes me want to get back into r/c cars again. whoever was drifting those cars are pretty good.

Comment

Yea, one thing to keep in mind, it is an exspensive hobby lol. Ok im going to give you the basics here, Gas or Electric. Gas is awesome because they can do massive burnouts and actual drifts with smoke. Electric are good because they don't cost that much money to maintain and you dont have to get tuneups and gas etc. I prefere my HPI Micro Rs4 It is a 1/18 scale electric touring car. 4wd, but this bad boy does some massive 4wd drifts. I have only one mod to it, Big Bore/motor kit. It now has allot bigger motor and can actualy do drifts on gravel, tarmac etc. I reccomend this car to people who want to have fun bye either drifting, or racing. Its a great car and is cheap too.

Comment

hehe nice clip... I preter the GTS tho.. maybe thats because I own one haha

Comment

I have a Yokomo GT-4 RTR, and when it was still running, I could never get it to do burnouts despite the fact that it has 1.25bhp and weighs about 3lbs. You're probably thinking of the blue smoke coming from the exhaust. Also, drifting a Gas-Powered car is a lot harder than you would think, even with completely bald tires(and I mean c o m p l e t e l y bald). It does lose traction, but nothing that looks like real drifting...maybe I need stiffer springs and harder tires.

P.S. I had a hole in my exhaust once, and the extra breathability gave it enough power to rotate on its own axis...it was great, but not for the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by OppLock
              I have a Yokomo GT-4 RTR, and when it was still running, I could never get it to do burnouts despite the fact that it has 1.25bhp and weighs about 3lbs. You're probably thinking of the blue smoke coming from the exhaust. Also, drifting a Gas-Powered car is a lot harder than you would think, even with completely bald tires(and I mean c o m p l e t e l y bald). It does lose traction, but nothing that looks like real drifting...maybe I need stiffer springs and harder tires.

P.S. I had a hole in my exhaust once, and the extra breathability gave it enough power to rotate on its own axis...it was great, but not for the motor.
              No, before my Micro Rs4 I had a Nitro Rs4 3 RTR. It did plenty of burnouts and drifted quite nice. You just have to find control. I also tweaked the settings a bit, changed the camber of the wheels by putting in bent oh geeze i can't think of the name umm ahh there we go washers. Well I put those in ( i bent them myself ) between the wheel and where it connects to the chasis in the rear. It made the car break traction really easily, i was also using a harder tire compound. SO yea..

Comment

Heres the trick to the RC difting here thay sale a kit for the RC to Drfit a TIRE KIT!!!!!

Comment

The ONLY rc I have seen smoke the tires was an electric onroad with a brushless motor and 16 cells. And man did that thing really smoke them. I think the guy that posted the video on another forum (dualBL) posted it here a while back...

Smoke coming from the exhaust doesnt count as "burning out". I have a nitro rc along with my dad and 4+ friends of mine and we have tried holding the car, etc to burn out but theyll spin the tires w/o smoke. If you had a video of it Id believe it when I saw but until then...

If you want to learn more about rc drifting go here:
                  http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...hreadid=149329

I go by the same name on those forums.

Comment

ooooo that was so fun to watch. Its funny watching little r/c cars conecting drifts perfectly.As for burning out. I could do it in my RC10GT sometimes, and no it wasnt exhasut smoke.Sorry no video.

Comment

Working...
                    X