Little contest - "What the heck is that?!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little contest - "What the heck is that?!"

Ok guys, I've got something for those who are interested in some unusual engines. This one is a rare thing, and I have heard of only one being for sale - and that's the one you see in the pictures. Try to guess the engine type, and I'll see if anybody knows what kind of a thing it is.. So here we go:

1:

2:

I'm curious if anybody really knows this engine. I didn't know that such a thing existed... I'll post the specs in two days.

- d.

1991 4-runner haha, I will take this nice guess, if not I have dibs on MR2 supercharged engine!!!

Comment

i'm gunna guess an old supercharged mr-2 engine

Comment

1GGZE motor?

Comment

that is in fact a 1G-GZE.

Comment

LOVMUFN and kaneda were close... In fact, this is the 1G-GZTE engine, which produces around 450hp at the crank. An electric clutch disables the supercharger in higher rpm ranges, and allows the large turbo to spool up MUCH faster (Lancia Delta S4 style ).

Do you guys know where that thing was installed in? I heard about swaps into one of older Celicas, a Hilux and a KE55S Corolla. I also heard that it was a race motor, so it couldn't have been installed into a road-going car.

Comment

I was wondering why the flying eff there was a turbo manifold on it... go figure. Where did you get it?

Comment

I dont know bout 450 at the crank. But I have had a few of them. Nice concept on the supercharger. Thats where they got the techno for the MR2. and the levin. Its got a bypass valve that lets in atmospheric air untill boost is acheved. Its like the Mad Max therory. to bad Mad Max was just a carb stuffed in a blower housing. They even had a idiot light on the dash to let you know when you were producing boost. You can overdrive the blower and make a good 15psi easy. Nice little tork monster them are.

Comment

mr2 supercharged engine.....wow guys i didnt know MR2s had 6 CYLINDERS !!!!!! LOOK AT THE LENGTH OF THAT BLOCK
                  how you mistook it for a 4AGZE i will not know.

Comment

Working...
                  X