Apexi 4A-GTE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apexi 4A-GTE

Has anyone ever turbocharged their 4A-GE engine with an Apex'i turbo? If so, does anyone have any pics of the engine?

There were some HKS kits (turbo and twincharger setups), but I haven't heard of any A'PEXi kit. Where did you hear about it? Club 4AG?

Comment

Ha ha ha..

I like the fact that you're using Nissans engine/chassi code scheme (such as: KA24DE-T or RB26DETT)

ha ha...

Just because Nissan uses it for their engine codes, that doesn't mean it's across the board ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
        Ha ha ha..

I like the fact that you're using Nissans engine/chassi code scheme (such as: KA24DE-T or RB26DETT)

ha ha...

Just because Nissan uses it for their engine codes, that doesn't mean it's across the board ^_^
        Actually Toyota uses the T to denote turbo as well...See: 3T-GTE, 3S-GTE, 2JZ-GTE, etc.

4A-GTE is a perfectly valid way to specify a turbo 4A-GE, and would be the factory code were it ever produced. See also: 4A-GZE (the Z means supercharged).

Comment

Yes, Slonie is correct. I wont get too mad at you Crashdrive. But, lets just put it this way. If I wanted to be a nooby Nissan engine dude then I would say 4A-GET. Because on Nissans you always tack the "T" on the end. Anyways, could you use Apex's IHI RX-6 BB Turbocharger somehow? I'm wondering this all because I simply can. It just intrigues me to figure it out. Oh and BTW I have looked around and researched this topic.

Comment

RX-6 is way too large for a 4A-GE. It would be suitable for a 2 liter engine, but not for a little 1.6...

Comment

What exactly does "too large" mean?

Comment

"Too large" means that the compressor side blades are too large, making them harder to spin around, and, as a result, causes the turbine side blades to spin slower too. A 1.6 liter engine doesn't create that much exhaust gases, so the energy from their flow is smaller when compared to a 2 liter engine. Do you understand now?

Comment

Yes, but what exactly does this do in the end? Produce less horsepower then the turbo should or what?

Comment

ahha well fds have little 1.3l engines (supposedly i think it is 2.6l) and ive heard of a few people using that turbo and making over 350hp, hell you could prolyl break 400 if you tried

Comment

...but the rotary exhast gases flow with much more energy, making them a good base for turbos. Think twice before you write something.

Comment

darkstar is correct, but you also gotta know what the turbo application will be.

Highway? Drift? Drag?

it'll play a part in tubro choice...a larger turbo might not be the greatest for drag or drift but on the highway a car that needs power and has along time to come up with it...a larger tubro will suit it fine...now for drifting or winding roads or even drag a smaller to midsize turbo does better since it doesn't lag as much and will give u a better boost response rather than...well...more boost...

jus know what ur gonna be doin with the car and chooce the appropiate turbo for the application

Comment

Almost correct, Nemesis.

For drag applications, you want the biggest turbo possible. Many professional drag racers use large turbo's, and then use a blast of nitrous to spool it very fast. Ever seen Roy Narvaez's Eclipse?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                            ...but the rotary exhast gases flow with much more energy, making them a good base for turbos. Think twice before you write something.
                            very tru, i was just adding my two cents, sorry big dog

Comment

I really really dont want to sound like an *Censored**Censored**Censored* or a flamer, but why do you need this information if your name says master GT3 drifter, srry please dont flame just an honest question!

Comment

Working...
                              X