Sileighty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sileighty

If you guys has any pic of the sileighty/silfourty please post some up please.I want to see what kind of body kits goes good on the sileighty/silfourty.
    Last edited by DA WIZZARD; 11-08-2004, 10:45 AM.

heres a nice sileighty
    Attached Files

Comment

this is the chargespeed kit also check out

also check out jspec. they have lots of part and conversion kits and parts also.

there is Neko Punch as well. This guy did a conversion and has lots of info and picture steps on his car. wicked sweet.
      Last edited by zerodrifter; 11-08-2004, 12:47 PM.

Comment

this is an older post of mine about the sil-eighty

This might help though it is newbe level info. It's got a minor history of the Sileighly on the S13 chassy. 240sx rear with Silvia front makes a sileighy type car. let me know what you think.

Nissan Sileighly

Engine: SR20DET*
        Displacement: 1998cc
        Drivetrain: FR
        Length: 4540mm
        Height: 1290mm
        Width: 1690mm
        Weight: 1150kg
        Horsepower @ rpm: 230 @ 6200*
        Torque (km.ft. @ rpm): 33.6km @ 4000
        Aspiration: Turbo

Now the Sileighty is an interesting car... it's origins started with car accidents, which turned into a trend, and then the manufacturers realizing that they could cash in on the trend. Complicated?

Before I start, let me clear one thing up. The Nissan Silvia is the same thing as the American released Nissan 240SX. The Nissan 180SX is the same thing as the American released Nissan... 240SX HATCHBACK version with retractable headlights. Marketing reasons is why Nissan of America decided to keep both cars as "240SX," as they technically were the same vehicle, just with a different body style.

There is a difference between the Japanese and American 240/Silvias: In Japan, Silvias have three levels of trim (K's, Q's, J's) K's being the 2.0 Turbo charged SR20 engines which could pump out well over 200bhp, Q's being the non-turbo 2.0 liter engines putting out just around 150-170bhp, and the J's, being the economy model. K's, Q's, and J's directly refer to "King, Queen, and Jack." The American Nissan 240SX, although not as strong as their Japanese counterparts, did have larger engines, at 2.4 liters, but still at stock, only produced about 155bhp.
        Back when Nissan was making lots of sports cars, namely the Silvia and the 180SX, many young 180SX drivers were out in the mountain paths (YES, mountain racing is quite true) or wherever, trying to drift. Results were usually unsuccessful, and many drivers ended their nights with smashed and damaged front ends. So you've just went broke buying your 180SX, how can you afford to pay for repairs??

Simple. Since the front end parts of Silvias were less expensive than that of the 180SX, and just happens to simply bolt on without many complicated steps, many 180SX drivers found themselves fixing their cars, replacing damaged front ends with ones that of a Silvia.

And just like that, a trend was born. 180SX drivers who didn't have busted-up fronts were replacing their front ends with Silvias. I wouldn't be surprised if some people intentionally drifted horribly to dent their front ends, just so they could have an excuse to hop on the trend. Before you knew it heavily modified street racing 180SXs with Silvia front ends were cruising around the streets of Japan.

It wasn't too long before Nissan realized what was going on around them, and they realized that: they weren't making any money from all of this! So, plans began to move... it wouldn't be good for Nissan's reputation to have built a car which was inspired by illegal street racing, so they kept production of the Sileighty very low key. And if I'm not mistaken, anywhere from 400-4,000 manufactured Sileighties were every made.
        What's the difference between a manufacturer made Sileighty and a homemade Sil-Eighty? Well, first and obviously, the badge on the rear, which normally says "180SX" on a 180SX reads "Sileighty" on the factory manufacturer's car. And in order to entice people to buy the Sileighty, Nissan beefed up the car slightly, to give people notice. Factory manufactured Sileighties have an estimated 24.2 MORE hp, and 3.6 kms of torque. Now you've got a car that's ready to hit the mountains right out of the factory, without any outside tuning or modifications.

Nissan no longer manufactures Sileighties anymore, obviously. An estimated 5,000 180SXs are still built every year. The original manufactured Sileighties, however are hot commodities at car auctions in Japan, for example, one white Sileighty, going for a whopping 2.4 million yen, roughly the same price as the R32 Nissan Skyline GT-R (a car that can kick any of our asses anyday) brand new! On a personal note, I would rather build my own Sil-Eighty out of a 180SX,and Silvia parts. Which I plan on doing before I die.

Comment

My brother's Sil80:

Hubert Young
          KORE 8 Films

Comment

Zerodrifter, isn't that info from 200sx.org? They made 400 of those, and not 4000.

Comment

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MY INTERNET IS SLOW RIGHT NOW............................................... .................................................. .......................ITS PAINFULL..........................I COULD ONLY DOWNLOAD 1/4 OF THE PIC BUT THEY LOOK NICE.......................................... :BANGS HEAD ON DESK: AHAHAHHA

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                Zerodrifter, isn't that info from 200sx.org? They made 400 of those, and not 4000.
                dude there is no 200sx.org

Comment

There was some kind of an Australian guy's page which was 200sx.org. I think it was closed some time ago.

Comment

thanx a lot bro..anymore posts like this from you on 180sx-240sx?

Originally posted by zerodrifter
                    this is an older post of mine about the sil-eighty

This might help though it is newbe level info. It's got a minor history of the Sileighly on the S13 chassy. 240sx rear with Silvia front makes a sileighy type car. let me know what you think.

Nissan Sileighly

Engine: SR20DET*
                    Displacement: 1998cc
                    Drivetrain: FR
                    Length: 4540mm
                    Height: 1290mm
                    Width: 1690mm
                    Weight: 1150kg
                    Horsepower @ rpm: 230 @ 6200*
                    Torque (km.ft. @ rpm): 33.6km @ 4000
                    Aspiration: Turbo

Now the Sileighty is an interesting car... it's origins started with car accidents, which turned into a trend, and then the manufacturers realizing that they could cash in on the trend. Complicated?

Before I start, let me clear one thing up. The Nissan Silvia is the same thing as the American released Nissan 240SX. The Nissan 180SX is the same thing as the American released Nissan... 240SX HATCHBACK version with retractable headlights. Marketing reasons is why Nissan of America decided to keep both cars as "240SX," as they technically were the same vehicle, just with a different body style.

There is a difference between the Japanese and American 240/Silvias: In Japan, Silvias have three levels of trim (K's, Q's, J's) K's being the 2.0 Turbo charged SR20 engines which could pump out well over 200bhp, Q's being the non-turbo 2.0 liter engines putting out just around 150-170bhp, and the J's, being the economy model. K's, Q's, and J's directly refer to "King, Queen, and Jack." The American Nissan 240SX, although not as strong as their Japanese counterparts, did have larger engines, at 2.4 liters, but still at stock, only produced about 155bhp.
                    Back when Nissan was making lots of sports cars, namely the Silvia and the 180SX, many young 180SX drivers were out in the mountain paths (YES, mountain racing is quite true) or wherever, trying to drift. Results were usually unsuccessful, and many drivers ended their nights with smashed and damaged front ends. So you've just went broke buying your 180SX, how can you afford to pay for repairs??

Simple. Since the front end parts of Silvias were less expensive than that of the 180SX, and just happens to simply bolt on without many complicated steps, many 180SX drivers found themselves fixing their cars, replacing damaged front ends with ones that of a Silvia.

And just like that, a trend was born. 180SX drivers who didn't have busted-up fronts were replacing their front ends with Silvias. I wouldn't be surprised if some people intentionally drifted horribly to dent their front ends, just so they could have an excuse to hop on the trend. Before you knew it heavily modified street racing 180SXs with Silvia front ends were cruising around the streets of Japan.

It wasn't too long before Nissan realized what was going on around them, and they realized that: they weren't making any money from all of this! So, plans began to move... it wouldn't be good for Nissan's reputation to have built a car which was inspired by illegal street racing, so they kept production of the Sileighty very low key. And if I'm not mistaken, anywhere from 400-4,000 manufactured Sileighties were every made.
                    What's the difference between a manufacturer made Sileighty and a homemade Sil-Eighty? Well, first and obviously, the badge on the rear, which normally says "180SX" on a 180SX reads "Sileighty" on the factory manufacturer's car. And in order to entice people to buy the Sileighty, Nissan beefed up the car slightly, to give people notice. Factory manufactured Sileighties have an estimated 24.2 MORE hp, and 3.6 kms of torque. Now you've got a car that's ready to hit the mountains right out of the factory, without any outside tuning or modifications.

Nissan no longer manufactures Sileighties anymore, obviously. An estimated 5,000 180SXs are still built every year. The original manufactured Sileighties, however are hot commodities at car auctions in Japan, for example, one white Sileighty, going for a whopping 2.4 million yen, roughly the same price as the R32 Nissan Skyline GT-R (a car that can kick any of our asses anyday) brand new! On a personal note, I would rather build my own Sil-Eighty out of a 180SX,and Silvia parts. Which I plan on doing before I die.

Comment

thanks
                      do a search on the s13 and so on, i'll post more info at home.

Comment

ahh now that my comp is fast again it beautiful.....i love it

heres one with a front s15 conversion....

Comment

umm this one was posted earlier but it doesnt even look real it looks like a screen from gt4....thats scary games are getting so good looking i cant tell if its reall or not...im scared....i think its real... maybe im just crazy...

Comment

Originally posted by s15-spec-R
                            umm this one was posted earlier but it doesnt even look real it looks like a screen from gt4....thats scary games are getting so good looking i cant tell if its reall or not...im scared....i think its real... maybe im just crazy...
                            ... finally here it is..

Comment

Working...
                            X