Ford Probe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Probe?

I was wandering if a ford probe had any chance of becoming oan ok drifter with some work. I mean come on they are so cheap!!!!!

They FF. So good luck.

Comment

The main problem is it's front wheel drive layout. The Ford Probe is a very sexy ride but the whole FWD thing ruins it. I had a Mustang GT back in my early drift days and loved it. Plenty of power, rear wheel drive, buttload of torque.

I am just not convinced FWD is a good format for drifting. It's great for learning track, auto-x, and togue since it is easier for most people to react to understeer rather than oversteer and promotes following the apex. I am still stuck on the concept that true drifting requires RWD and is just alot more fun on a RWD car since it is easy to chain drifts together (dynamic drifting).

Comment

Originally posted by ReavTek
        The Ford Probe is a very sexy ride but the whole FWD thing ruins it.
        Oh god..I don't want to know what else you think is sexy now.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
          Oh god..I don't want to know what else you think is sexy now.
          Hehe, fair enough. I guess I was just kind of taken away with Ford's new approach to the middle market Gen Y segment. I never really liked the look of the stang from 5.0 up so the Probe was an interesting addition at it's debut.

Comment

the probe looks a bit like an MR2 from the front. It's like having a car that's half-sexy.

The car is FF, so drifting would be a pain in the *Censored**Censored**Censored*.
            Otherwise, they're pretty good cars that do have some power in them.

:EDIT:
            Is there anyone that goes to autocross in a minivan?

Comment

Working...
            X