E brake drift damages the rear axle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E brake drift damages the rear axle

im new to drifting and my car is FWD, the only car that i have. i read the car manual the other day, it says pulling the ebrake on while driving can cause damage to the rear axle and wears the brake.

my question is how to prevent it from happening, and how to maintain them?

dont use the e- brake and you wont wear out the brakes. anything you use is gonna wear. Just watch it and adjust or replace everything as needed and your gonna be fine

if your car is FWD it most likely dosent have a rear axle so worry not.

Comment

no

Comment

Re: E brake drift damages the rear axle

Originally posted by w11y
        FWD.. rear axle
        :lightbulb:

Comment

Originally posted by variant
          no

Comment

Anything you do in your car damages it.

High-speed cornering and drifting damages it even faster!

Look at it this way - you can say you shouldn't use the handbrake whilst driving because it'll wear out the handbrake, but that's like saying you shouldn't use the brakes whilst driving because it'll wear out the brakes.

Ofcourse it's going to wear out! Question is can you afford to put that kind of wear on your vehicle?

I'm sure when they say "axl", they're referring to the stub axls that your rear wheels sit on in an FF. And yes, using the hand-brake will increase wear on them, because they're suddenly and violently locking up, which puts strain on the stub axls.

Yet again - the question is can you afford to put that kinda of wear on your car?

I plan to buy a Silvia. I also plan to put it through drift comps. However I'm not putting it through drift comps until I get a full time job after I finish my degree - simply because on the amount I'm earning, I dont' want to spend it all on a buying and maintaining a car just to wear it out so fast that I can't afford to keep it in working order!

Comment

there is no axle in any way fashion shape or form in the rear of a honda civic.

theres a hub. and 4 studs. mabye 5 if your jdm tyte.

the only thing pulling hte ebrake on his civic is gonna damage is the tires and shoes or pads depending if he has drums or discs.

[EDITED]

Comment

you are probably right, i dont know anything about cars, i should learn more. anyway i didnt read it on the internet, its in the manual book, check your car, you should have it too.

im worried more about the ebrake wear which is unusual if you drive normally, my dad is going to kill me if he finds out. the other wear should be fine, perhaps.....

anyway i found another way to drift wihout the ebrake.

the curve that i use to practice is a sharp downhill and uphill u-turn. downhill enterance and uphill exit.

i trailbrake to enter the curve and rotate my steering sharply, at 30-35mph speed, oversteer will happen. the problem is my exit speed is low. am i doing it right?

i think the trailbraking technique is enough, because everytime i add the ebrake,i sometimes spun out

Comment

and your dad wont notice that your new favorite hangout is tire factory
                  or when your car rides like its on square wheels

Comment

your ebrake wont wear out.

and about having no exit speed, welcome to FF drift land.

Comment

Working...
                    X