240 Z or SX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240 Z or SX

Kay I'm new and thought as the old 240Z as a good drift car and thinking that as a first good car that i could learn to drive normally and learn basics of drifting. but i've heard the 240SX is.which would you recommend with consdering I like old cars

also: WHY
    240Z
    46.15%
    240SX
    53.85%
    Last edited by someone85; 11-15-2004, 09:48 PM.

240SX.

Longer wheelbase, higher polar moment of inertia, less snappiness. More mods, more parts availability, better suspension.

Comment

ive drifted both, now i own a 240 z

i still dont see what the big fuss is about the 240sx as a drift car. Dosent work for me anyway

Comment

240Z is an older car. But it does have ALOT of aftermarket/restoration support. Have a shop that specializes in old Datsuns or Nissans and build a good relationship. This will go a long way in ensuring your project 240z goes smoothly. Personally, the 240SX does not strike me as a end all be all drift car. It has a lot of aftermarket support and is really sturdy but they are just way too common nowadays. A good friend of mine is planning to restore a 240Z and power it with a vortech crate motor with over 400 HP N/A... Now that is sexy.

Comment

they are both very good platforms. however s13 is cheaper and easier to find.

Comment

Z is cheaper actually. But harder to maintain. RUST.

Comment

240Z + V8 swap > S13 + Turbo anything

:nods:

Comment

Working...
              X