Drifter As Daily Driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifter As Daily Driver?

I'm guessing that most of you guys cant afford a drifting car and a daily driver car but let's say you only have one car, how would you set it up so it would preform great on track and in normal driving. The first thing that came to mind was the wheel cambers, would'nt your tire walls wear out faster?

Camber plates.

Comment

If it's a 240SX, then camber plates and adjustable RUCAs would allow you to change your camber for daily or play use.

My car is my daily and my touge/drift machine. I run 8kg/mm springs in the front and 6kg/mm in the rear, with pillow-ball upper mounts all around. My girlfriend hates the ride, but the grip is amazing and cornering speeds phenomenal.
      Last edited by GRiDRaceTech; 11-19-2004, 02:24 PM.

Comment

its all about sacrifice, a bit stiffer suspension for better handling, rucas and such. some people can handle more than others. personalyl i like stiff suspnesions, like tein hes etc etc. ya with a lowered car i think the 2nd best thing to get is rucas than tie rods than tc rods than go from thier. anyways my post makes no sense so im done ahah peace

Comment

i used to daily drive my FD but it just got worst and worst the more i tracked my car. I didnt mind driving it but if i broke anything at the track my car would be down and i wouldnt have a ride to school or anywhere. My cars actually going to be MIA for awhile so im going to pick up another car.

Comment

Re: Drifter As Daily Driver?

Originally posted by CRASH
            I'm guessing that most of you guys cant afford a drifting car and a daily driver car but let's say you only have one car, how would you set it up so it would preform great on track and in normal driving. The first thing that came to mind was the wheel cambers, would'nt your tire walls wear out faster?
            I gots me a daily and drifter

I say keep it stock until you can get a daily.

Comment

Camber wont really affect your tire life, toe on the other hand is a different story.

As for how you set up the suspension, as mentioned it all depends on how much your willing to sacrafice in the name of comfort to have a well-tuned machine.

What you COULD do (and i plan on doing once/if i get the money), get yourself a coilover set up and 2 sets of springs. Supposedly you could change all 4 springs in a half hour- keep one set for the track one for goign around town. Just remember the shock setting for race and street as well. A bit of a hastle if you ask me, but if you know you wont be hitting the track for a few days, or you will be and wont be doing much dialy driving, if your planing a long trip etc..

Comment

I have a daily, drifter.
                I think it is about how u like it.
                I also have the problem with my tires but just make it so your tires camber out a little bit, not to much but just enough for your cornering to be a little better.
                Oh and sway bars are a great thing to have with new stiffer bushings also.

Comment

Working...
                X