86 Fc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86 Fc

Im looking at an '86 FC (i believe its a GXL because of the wheels) but i heard somewhere that you can tell from the VIN # if it came with a factory LSD. If someone could tell me how to look for this and if someone could possibly tell me what kind of rx7 it is by the following features that are claimed to be on the car.
    -5 spd
    -power everything
    -sunroof
    -traction control

any advice on this would be appreciated

if it is a turboII or gxl model it has a clutch type LSD.

the gxl is basically a turboII minus the turbo part haha.

Comment

they want $3000 for it. and it is a GXL. isnt that a little steep for an FC that ISNT a turbo II?

Comment

if its in good condition with okay miles and hte engine is running good with no smoke or big piles of poop shooting out the exaust

Comment

98k miles...not sure about poop coming out of the exhaust though. i'll have to make a mental note to ask them about that
          it seems to be in pretty good shape on the exterior. they didnt have any interior pics though.

Comment

Re: 86 Fc

Originally posted by SlidnZC4075
            -traction control
            bullshit
            No FC had factory TC.
            I could get running Zenki FC NA's under $2k all day.
            $3k is a rip.

Comment

Re: Re: 86 Fc

Originally posted by f8ldzz
              bullshit
              No FC had factory TC.
              I could get running Zenki FC NA's under $2k all day.
              $3k is a rip.
              running looking like complete crap or pretty and running?

i dont know the value on fc but id expect they be more than 2k for a gxl in good condition. even though they dont have a lot of power they are kinda pimpy.

Comment

yeah i decided not to get it. 3k is a little pricey for an na zenki FC (i like the looks of the kouki ones better). and im glad none of them came with TC. cause when i finally get one thats one less worthless electronic device i'll have to take off.

Comment

they all come with traction control ,sorta. i dont feel like explaning but to get rid of this problem just go to www.corksport.com and get the toe elimantors for 40 bux. it makes the car more predictable while in a drift. I hope this helps you.

Comment

yeah i know about toe eliminators. i thought he meant like the super HICAS system on some of the Nissans.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: 86 Fc

Originally posted by Ris4drift
                      running looking like complete crap or pretty and running?

i dont know the value on fc but id expect they be more than 2k for a gxl in good condition. even though they dont have a lot of power they are kinda pimpy.
                      Yes, complete running and in good condition.
                      I'm not talking perfect paint - 80's Mazda paint just plain sucks.
                      I don't pay more than $1,000 for any FC with a hurt motor; to me it's just a rolling shell.

Like with the Hachi's, the FC prices are going up due to the InitialD crowd.

Check http://www.kbb.com/ for what you're SUPPOSED to be paying for, and these ridiculous inflated prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorifto FC
                        they all come with traction control ,sorta. i dont feel like explaning but to get rid of this problem just go to www.corksport.com and get the toe elimantors for 40 bux. it makes the car more predictable while in a drift. I hope this helps you.
                        You need to read up on what "traction control" is.
                        "Traction control" is typically a computer controlled suspension, drivetrain, brake, and/or engine control that minimizes extreme vehicle slip angles.

The DTSS is a passive rear steer mechanism that changes rear wheel toe settings dependent on load on the rear tires.
                        This is NOT typically a "traction control device".

Please, do your homework before spreading such misinformation.
                        You're going to end up just confusing newbies.

Comment

yeah i know the difference...just because someones a newbie to this site doesnt mean theyre a newbie to drifting/cars

Comment

Originally posted by SlidnZC4075
                            yeah i know the difference...just because someones a newbie to this site doesnt mean theyre a newbie to drifting/cars
                            I didn't mean to imply you're a newbie.
                            I meant the replies being posted can confuse people who are not aware of the what the DTSS does and what TC does.

Comment

oh i know, i was just saying that because it seems that some people on these forums think because it says "newbie" under your screenname it means you might as well have "dumb***" tatooed on your forehead.

Comment

Working...
                              X