how many speed u suggesting????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many speed u suggesting????

i am a BEGINNER, how many speed u suggesting E-brake drift to a corner?????????

becuase i always pulling up the E-brake when i entry to the corner and i aslo do the cluth in too. But the rear wheel didn't spin. and can't not slip too.

or do i make any wrong step on it???????

Well, it sounds like your e-brake isn't powerful enough to get the rear tires locked or perhaps even not strong enough to even provide much braking force.

A questiong:
    Can you lock the rear tires at all if you pull on the e-brake?
    Does even provide much braking force when you use it?
    (with the clutch in, no foot brake, how much braking does the e-brake provide alone?)

If you're not getting much braking power through the e-brake, the e-brake technique may be pretty hard to do.

You could try improving the braking power of the e-brake. Maybe you need new pads or perhaps a cable adjustment.

Otherwise, as far as technique goes, you can try a couple methods:
    You can pull the e-brake prior to the turn. It should brake some and hopefully get the rear tires sliding or at least loosened up a little before you start turning. If they break loose, the rear end should feel a little squirrely. You can steer the car a little to control where the back end goes. When you turn into the corner, the rear tires should break traction if they havent already. You may find having to turn harder to coax the rear tires to break free if the e-brake is truely weak.
    You can pull the e-brake during the turn. As you start to turn into the corner, the weight will shift sideways and load the tires. Now you should be turning near the traction limit of the tires. As you turn, you should be able to give a quick pull on the e-brake to upset the rear tires some. Hopefully, it will be enough for the rear tires to break traction and begin to slide. You may find you have to hold it or yank on the e-brake hard a few times to get the tires to break free. Try varying how you use the e-brake, see what works best. You may find a good, quick yank may do it. You may find you need to do it two or three times to coax the rear end loose. You may even find holding the e-brake hard for a few seconds gets it going. This stuff actually applies to both methods.

Comment

is it i need to pulling the e-brake up very hard???

because i did a U turn drift , i need to pulling it up very hard
      Originally posted by Drift For Food
      Well, it sounds like your e-brake isn't powerful enough to get the rear tires locked or perhaps even not strong enough to even provide much braking force.

A questiong:
      Can you lock the rear tires at all if you pull on the e-brake?
      Does even provide much braking force when you use it?
      (with the clutch in, no foot brake, how much braking does the e-brake provide alone?)

If you're not getting much braking power through the e-brake, the e-brake technique may be pretty hard to do.

You could try improving the braking power of the e-brake. Maybe you need new pads or perhaps a cable adjustment.

Otherwise, as far as technique goes, you can try a couple methods:
      You can pull the e-brake prior to the turn. It should brake some and hopefully get the rear tires sliding or at least loosened up a little before you start turning. If they break loose, the rear end should feel a little squirrely. You can steer the car a little to control where the back end goes. When you turn into the corner, the rear tires should break traction if they havent already. You may find having to turn harder to coax the rear tires to break free if the e-brake is truely weak.
      You can pull the e-brake during the turn. As you start to turn into the corner, the weight will shift sideways and load the tires. Now you should be turning near the traction limit of the tires. As you turn, you should be able to give a quick pull on the e-brake to upset the rear tires some. Hopefully, it will be enough for the rear tires to break traction and begin to slide. You may find you have to hold it or yank on the e-brake hard a few times to get the tires to break free. Try varying how you use the e-brake, see what works best. You may find a good, quick yank may do it. You may find you need to do it two or three times to coax the rear end loose. You may even find holding the e-brake hard for a few seconds gets it going. This stuff actually applies to both methods.

Comment

well its different for every car but in your case it sounds like your ebrake is worked . try to adjust your e-brake with a little bolt on the side of the E-brake this might help a little and you wont have to pull so hard. but if that does not work replace your back brake pad. good luck with this.

Comment

Working...
        X