Drifting a twin turbo 300z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting a twin turbo 300z

...well i'm going to try and drift the z32 TT... First things first... hicas eliminator

ahaha good luck

Comment

haha, thanks... this video gave me SOME hope http://franzonline.net/private/Franz...ZXDrifting.wmv

Comment

Now, for some useful information:

The 300zx is one of the heavier Z's and the hardest part of drifting it will definitely be weight transfer. Because of it's heavy weight, the car will not be as agile as something like an S13 or AE86 that weighs hundreds of pounds less. To your advantage, however, it the power of the twinturbo V6. It will have more than enough oomph to keep the rear tires liquified. Just be aware that it is a large and heavy car, so getting sideways safely in small areas will be a little tricky without risking a scraped fender or four.
        Last edited by Pennyman; 11-26-2004, 08:04 PM.

Comment

i suggest that you take EVERYTHING out of it you can, including the dash(you can put hte guages on the column) Just take everything thats bolted inside of it and throw it in an unused corner of your garage. And remeber, 300ZX is hard to work on and parts are expensive, its gonna hurt more than your pride when you hit something(re:your wallet)

Comment

im pretty sure someone buying a z32tt didnt buy it as a drift beater.

you dont need to remove the interior. you dont need to remove the backseat. you dont need to put 155 tires on the back. take it out stock and just learn to drift it.

focus on teqnique, NOT taking out 50 lb of interior thats not gonna help you anyways.

Comment

You'll need stiffer springs and some aftermarket sways to keep body roll to a minimum. All that unneeded body roll is detrimental to smoothness and controllability.

Comment

you dont need that stuff.

just go try to drift it. after that see waht needs work.

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift
                  you dont need that stuff.

just go try to drift it. after that see waht needs work.
                  sure he dosent need it. But ALL of these things will help make the car easier to handle. Its going to be a PAIN IN THE *Censored**Censored**Censored* to drift a stock z32TT.

Comment

i appreciate all the responce, yea my wallet's crying already. but like someone said, i didn't buy it for a drift beater, but it's inevitable.

looking at more of getting sidways in a big lot for a LONG TIME, hit a few cones here and there y'know nothing major. until i get real good.. then maybe i'll be up on some track days.

as for working on the damn car, yea it's a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* ... but when you start spending more money on tools than on your car... doesn't get to hard... did a few n/a engine swaps on the 300zx electrical more than anything is the hardest =[ Can't wait to get my hads on a vantage or solaris >=] Did all the engine work on this freakin car, bleh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift
                      im pretty sure someone buying a z32tt didnt buy it as a drift beater.

you dont need to remove the interior. you dont need to remove the backseat. you dont need to put 155 tires on the back. take it out stock and just learn to drift it.

focus on teqnique, NOT taking out 50 lb of interior thats not gonna help you anyways.
                      word...what he said.

One more thing....easy on the throttle, let the weight help you toss it around, no need to get crazy on the gas as in a light weight lower powered car.

Comment

I'm as much a fan of drifting a car stock first as the next guy, but if it's a total pain in the butt and takes all the fun out of it, what's the point? Fact is that a (properly) modified car will be more fun to drift and will lead to even more experimentation with technique and speed. When your roll, damping, toe, camber, etc are in check, the car won't bite you as hard.

Comment

Working...
                        X