buy a awd dsm or buy a 240sx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buy a awd dsm or buy a 240sx?

sup all. newb drifter, and im wondering which car i should get awd dsm or a 240. of course its going to be for drifting so which one would be better?

Both awesome cars, but for a newbie wanting to just drift stick with the 240.

Comment

i cant say ive ever seen anyone drift a DSM, if ur a newb get the 240, if youve got the experience the DSM sur ewould be unique

Comment

the only thing close to drifting in my experience is ebrakin my ef hatch. its pretty fun but im not satisfied. i do want the dsm though, why not the dsm?

Comment

Re: buy a awd dsm or buy a 240sx?

Originally posted by Mackenzie
          sup all. newb drifter, and im wondering which car i should get awd dsm or a 240. of course its going to be for drifting so which one would be better?
          maybe drag and autox so basically a all arounder car. and i have my hatch as a back up incase something breaks.

Comment

The only vehicle you could drift is the 240SX, but don't wrap it around a tree because you think you're l337. Learn to drive before you drift.

Comment

Personally, for what you have described (all around), I would opt for the DSM. Get the piss ugly first gen; those are the best. They come stock with turbo and AWD, so while maybe not teh best for drifting, they make excellent autoX/Drag/rally/whateverelse cars. Easy and cheap mods boost power, plus its turbocharged and intercooled stock, so instead of a whole turbo kit, you can build it up piece by piece untill you have the ultimate machine. Now this car wouldn't be very goot for drifting unless you have some serious mech. know-how and can convert it to RWD only (which I plan on doing when my buddy and I learn how to weld and if i get a DSM). Also, people say to get lotsa experience driving in autox and all that stuff first before drifting so you learn about traction limits and things like that, and DSMs are great track cars, so get the DSM, then later if you wanna up the ante and start drifting, get a 240/fc/whatever.

Comment

Notice how in his first post he says "for drifting."

You cannot drift a stock DSM. You cannot drift a lightly modified DSM. You cannot drift a moderately modified DSM. You cannot truly drift an all-wheel-drive car unless it has the power to break all four wheels free and keep them spinning. Otherwise, you're just sliding.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
                  Notice how in his first post he says "for drifting."

You cannot drift a stock DSM. You cannot drift a lightly modified DSM. You cannot drift a moderately modified DSM. You cannot truly drift an all-wheel-drive car unless it has the power to break all four wheels free and keep them spinning. Otherwise, you're just sliding.

?

Comment

damn thats garbage, awd cant drift unless it has mad power. all arounder is good but i want to drift more then any of those things. but the thing is i cant find any manual 240's. i found some real cheap autos but its a auto. what other rwd cars could be good to look for? eight six, i heard those are good cars to learn from?

Comment

350Z. 280 260 240Z, 280ZX 300ZX, SUPRA'S, 86, mustangs camaros,firebirds,toyota MR2, toyota cressida, Honda prelude, honda s2k

pretty much anything that is rear wheel drive is gonna be suited to drifting. I would suggest picking the car with the most aftermarket support(parts will be cheaper).

stick with the 240, dont get impatient you'll find one.

Comment

i think im going to get a dsm awd and be unique and different. so im going to learn to drift a awd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Roman
                          350Z. 280 260 240Z, 280ZX 300ZX, SUPRA'S, 86, mustangs camaros,firebirds,toyota MR2, toyota cressida, Honda prelude, honda s2k

pretty much anything that is rear wheel drive is gonna be suited to drifting. I would suggest picking the car with the most aftermarket support(parts will be cheaper).

stick with the 240, dont get impatient you'll find one.

Im 99.9% sure that all honda preludes are front wheel drive. The only rwd honda car is the S2k.

Comment

cant forget the NSX

Id go for the DSM, but thats cuz Im more into rallying than drifting

Comment

240SX, The Eclipses have horrible build quality

Comment

Working...
                              X