What's a VLSD worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a VLSD worth?

Figured this'd be the best place to ask my question seeing as the more knowledgable people come here to answer questions.

Anyway, I am able to purchase a used VLSD from a JDM S13 Silvia. But I really have no idea what they're worth. I've heard of them going for $300 give or take on Ebay. But is that really indicative? What would you guys say they're worth?

B-Wurm

Don't know for the JDM S13, why not just hunt ebay? I got a VLSD for 110 plus axles but its not from S13.

Comment

It's generally worth around $250. That goes for whether it's S13, S14, or J30. The J30 diff requires some different hardware which costs about $62 to fit it into the S13, so you might as well pay a little more if the hardware is included.

The S13 diff is no better than the S14 or J30 diff. If you have to pay shipping, you might as well scour junkyards, because the pumpkin weighs a TON.

Comment

It's a guy in town so I won't have to pay for shipping. And I discovered last night (big fat two wheel burnouts) that I've got VLSD anyway.

B-Wurm

Comment

i know the S-15 dosnt have a VLSD
          dos anyone know where to buy a S-15 lsd and how much its worth???

Comment

The S15 manual has a helical differential, yes. The S15 auto keeps a viscous... so make sure you ask for the helical from the manual.

Uh... you buy it from an importer or straight from Japan. Should run you $300-400, I think.

Wurm, you're Canadian. Every S13 came with VLSD in Canada.

Comment

$250 us?????????
              holy crap down here in nz viscous is what people freakin throw out once they have thier two ways you can pick one up hell acheap probably the equivalent of $75 us for a vlsd from a skyline or silvia(vlsd that is)

Comment

average up here is about 350 with axles and diff casing.

Comment

ohh if youre talking axles and casing aswell i suppose the price goes up a bit more but still thats like 500nzd for a vlsd id say for that price most people round here would source a helical out of a factory model and make it fit- anything to save a few $$

Comment

Working...
                  X