lsd overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lsd overhaul

I am about to get an vlsd, but i have been hearing so many bad things about them. is a clutch type really the best thing to go with. if so how often will i have to overhaul it?and how much does it cost?

john

I'd opt for the clutch type. The Vicious fluid gets broken down after a while, rendering the LSD useless. Unless you can find a company that makes em brand new or sells new fluid, a clutch type (or one of them weird quaife contraptions) would be best.

Comment

ok but how much does it cost to overhaul a clutchtype lsd

Comment

I would go clutch lsd, I am going to buy the nismo sss when I buy my new lsd, the stock vlsd did alright when I first bought the car but now after about 4 mo. and a couple of events it only locks up in 2nd+ gear first is really hard to get it to lock up in. And when it does if is unpredicatable. If you were going to do any drifting or serious track racing/auto-x get a clutch or torsen type. The maintenance is mainly just regular fluid changes it wont need an overhaul for a while.

Comment

from what i was told i would have to overhaul every 8 months,thats just drifting on the weekends and auto x-ing

Comment

Working...
          X