my (hopefully) new MR2, opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my (hopefully) new MR2, opinions?

Hi im brand new to this and i looking into buying myself a 1993 Turbocharged Toyota MR2. and i was wondering exactly withing the amount of $4,000 what can i do to it? I've been drifting around in my Hyundai Elantra for the past two months now =( but it worked. just some suggestions about the MR2 from people would be nice Thanks.

Well its a hell of an upgrade. I've personally played around in my own Elantra as well.

Don't do anything except autocross. Don't go near canyons!! I've personally seen an awesome one go over. DO autocross and learn how to drive, driving a MR is alot different than FF. Autocross is the cheapest and best way to learn. So learn how to drive it and drifting will come naturally afterwards.

Nevermind DONT GET THE CAR!! A 17 year old with an awesome car, it'll be in the junk yard in less than a month. Don't waste your parents money and buy a cheap 240!!!!!
    Last edited by Wickdmarz; 12-04-2004, 11:17 AM.

Comment

hahahahaha harsh but realistic.

Comment

Very true, but at least it's a '93, after they had exorcised the chassis demons and made it a more fun and capable car.

Comment

I'd get yourself a V6 out of an older camry. then throw on a supercharger and some other goodies the motor will be set. I dont know if you read sport compact car, but they have a yearly challenge where readers pick 10 cars out of several that compete in a series of tests called the "ultimate street car challenge." Anyways the V6 powered MR2 won it by a long shot this year, but in previous years when people used the turbo 4, they would blow up and such. imma find it later but that same magazine has a thing on their web page about how to swap it in. ill post the link later

Comment

Freal, 17year olds and racing dont mix, its like mixing fire and gunpowder. If I were you roman, i would get a jeep and drift with that. thosecars are cool and good drift cars.

P.S. there is no spoon

Comment

drifting and kids= bad idea true but fun

Thanks a lot for the info on everything. Could use just a tad more but the whole speal on being 17 and not racing gave me a couple of laughs no offence. To tell you the truth you are probably right. I have been a whole lot more careful now(if that makes sense) especially since i almost got me and my friend killed. Yeah i was speeding down a side road in my Elantra and i was braking before i was going to the main road. Turns out we hit some gravel or stones in the road and i started drifting to a stop sign on the curb at about 85-90 mph so i counter-turned at the last second and did a 720 (yes two full spins) across 3 lanes of a 6 lane road at 3 in the morning of course when there is no traffic. Yes i was VERY VERY VERY stupid and i have learned from my mistake and now i only go drifting on out the the way roads no where near people and behind parking lots. Unfortunately, there are no drift courses anywhere near where i am located. but i will never do anything stupid like that again it was a fun and good experience but a bad one. Oh racing and kids bad idea but fun as hell ive already been in about 4 races just on highways at the dead of night (which is the only time i try anthing for the safety of others) and ive won 2 in an Elantra.... go figure anyway thanks for all the info again and sorry for the super long post. still welcoming more ideas....

Comment

Autocross=Great Idea

Hey just looked up Autocross yes like i said I am new to this... but it is a Great Idea except for one key factor i also am looking up autocross in Central Florida and i cant find a thing...... sigh..... Thanks for the idea wished it worked (still looking for safer places to drift)

Comment

dude, i heard theres this tiight place to drift behind the old service merchandise store. lots of open area, anywho have fun in the elantra....

P.S. I like cheese

P.P.S Not really

Comment

Re: Autocross=Great Idea

Originally posted by RomanAK05
                    Hey just looked up Autocross yes like i said I am new to this... but it is a Great Idea except for one key factor i also am looking up autocross in Central Florida and i cant find a thing...... sigh..... Thanks for the idea wished it worked (still looking for safer places to drift)
                    I 100% guarentee you there is autox events in your area.

Look again.

Comment

Re: Autocross=Great Idea

Originally posted by RomanAK05
                      Yea Florida has a whole crap load of different events going on including drifting and autocross. You may have to drive out a bit but it'll be worth a weekend. Check out scca.org and check the message boards. I think they have message boards or email them.

Better yet, check out SEDA www.southeastdrift.com They have quite a few events in Florida, but if you post over there I'm sure they'll know about any autocross events in your area. Or post on my board link below. its not just a girl site, tons of people from the east coast.
                      Last edited by Wickdmarz; 12-07-2004, 09:46 AM.

Comment

240sx

wow i was just looking up the cheap nissan 240 sx that u were tellin me about. turns out that i have a better deal on the mr2 the reason for that is that i can get a 93 nissan with +75k miles on it for 8,000 or i can get a 93 mr2 with 50k for 7,500 at least those are the price comparisons at edmunds.com

Comment

MMM i wish i lived in fl. sunny beaches, beautiful women, and of course the southeast website.

Comment

Working...
                          X