240 to s15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240 to s15

ok hear goes i need to no how do u make an 240sx in to a s15 some plz help me i need help now plz thank u

Here's how:
    1. Go to a construction site.
    2. Find a brick.
    3. Hit yourself in the head with above brick.

You can't "make" a 240SX into an S15. You can't really make any car into any other car unless you melt it down and actually remanufature it entirely into the car that you want. You can only do a "conversion" which in reality is simply a transplant. Any attempt at making the 240SX look entirely like an S15 will be met with astronomical bills and an ugly exterior. If you want the look, get an S15 front end conversion, but don't expect that to come cheap either. You want useless bling? You picked the right swap. You want generally crappy aftermarket fenders and sub-par fit? You picked the right swap. You want to look like you really jumped on the bandwagon? You picked the right swap.

Do a search.

Comment

you can make a s15 front lip conversion.

Comment

Like GridRaceTech said... ya never gonna completely convert a 240 to a S15. Ya can get the S15 front end kit, but that will be a pretty penny. Take me for example $2,500 for it. Then ya can drop a SR20DET to have a silvia engine (about $1500) But ya still wont have a silvia.

Heres and example... which is what ill be working on when i get back stateside.

www.cardomain.com/id/hasnotiresleft

Comment

Or you can use the search button because we've gone through this like only 3 weeks ago.

Comment

ok then where can i buy the parts i need to convert the car ohj wat year 240 hould i buy

Comment

First of all, with all due respect, don't buy a 240sx just to do a conversion. Buy it because you want a nice car to make your own. With that out of the way, keep in mind that any sort of heavy conversion is going to take a lot of time, effort and money. Make sure you have prenty of all of it before you plan on starting this conversion of yours.

If you want the closest thing to an S15 without importing one, find a late model S14 and search for S15 conversion kits. I've seen the kits, they do exist. The hardest part is finding one.
              Last edited by Pennyman; 12-05-2004, 07:39 PM.

Comment

where do ican i buy a silvia enigne from like the hole thing

Comment

silvia engine?you mean the sr20det right..try searching your parts on ebay.

Comment

btw,the sr20 is illegal in north america.i suggest you stick with the KA engine.

Comment

sorry, but just becase something is Illegal doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. So what if an SR is illegal? its so much better then a KA on every level. Everyone ones like, ''screw SR im going to turbo my KA and get more Torque!" well have fun with that. there is no way to get the same amount of dependable power from a trubo KA as you can from a SR. Turboing the KA (maybe if you can score a kit for dirt cheap) has no advantages to the SR.

A sR can be picked up for 1500-2000, (2500 installed?) and make, what, 205 hp? it will be dependable hp b/c its a stock motor. buy a boost controller and have some fun with it.

To turbo a ka, you have to pick up the kit which is prob anywhere from 1500-3000 and then build the block to hold the power so that means more cash for block components, and then, good luck with it being as dependable as the STOCK SR.

Simply put, the SR is a better choice and screw if its illegal, so is changing ur exhaust or lowering ur car in some states!

BTW, not a burn. just what i think about the matter

Comment

this may seem like a silly question, but why is the SR20 illegal?

Comment

Originally posted by davsin50
                          this may seem like a silly question, but why is the SR20 illegal?
                          One word. Smog. Stupid emission laws and what not.

Comment

yea, i dont like those laws. I understand that we want to keep our enviroment clean, but its not like a SR is putting out more then a V8 (unless there is not cat. then the fact that i dont nkow much about cars hits me nad i couldn't tell you.)

Comment

couldn't you remmap the ECU and have one setting for emissions, and one for your drifting?

Comment

Working...
                              X