240 to s15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

240 to s-15

hahahaha yes you can change a 24 (98) to s15 with the rite resourses you can change the rear tail lights on the 240 to a s-15 i know because i did it then i put wide rear fenders and molded it in to look like ther rear end of an s-15 with the flaired out sides then the front end change over including the sr20det(t) then the hard part chopped the roof to match the bodyline of S-15 this cost the customer 8,000 up but you can do it and u must be willing to goive up the car for about a month. so for all you who think it cant be done think again.

Comment

again with the s-15 conversion

now that i think of it though u need to know alot about the car itself see it depends on the owner too in my 240 S-13 i use a sr20 blktop because i drift the sr is a good enging to drift with because it can hold rev's better but has a lower redline the ka on the other hand is better for drag because it is higher revving and there is slightly more torque as for being against the law not in all places i am out of boston and i have no problem with smog plus there are ways to make it pass. but dont trust e-bay all to much u could get junk try going through j-spec or lsauto both are dependable and can answer your questions well www.jspec.com
      www.lsauto.com

Comment

cars with s15 front ends are known as strawberry faces..(some weird jap to english translation) anyways....

they are expensive but they look absolutely awsome

http://www.garage-13.com/exterior.html

this is a s14 with a s15 front end
        Attached Files

Comment

this is a 180sx with a s15 front end
          Attached Files

Comment

or you could go to the other way.....s15 with 180sx front end.....

nissan = lego

many of their parts are interchangeable...
            rb motors from skylines fit into silvias/180sx's

a common brake upgrade it to get the brakes from a m-type skyline and put them onto sils/180sx'x

etc
            Attached Files

Comment

What a beautiful car that Silvia/180sx

Comment

here is a pic of a 240 into a s15
                at very bottom and at very top
                if that is the year you were talkin about

oh yea by the way i love that onevia
                Last edited by 300zxttfreak; 12-30-2004, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Wait..so an sr20det won't pass emissions once you put it in? How do you pass emissions then without removing the engine and putting a different one in just so you can oass emmisions?

Comment

That question has already been covered here.

Comment

my friend has an fd3s with a four rotor from japan that wont pass an emissions test but he was telling me that you can remap the ecu a lil bit to make it read different than what it really is pushing out to get past the carb. pluss a friend that does inspections is good to .
                      Attached Files

Comment

Uhh....your friend has a 4-ROTOR FD? that's.....interesting.

"couldn't you remmap the ECU and have one setting for emissions, and one for your drifting?"

In short, No.

Comment

Yashiro Iron Works
                          in Japan make components that convert 13Bs into "YR26B" engines. They use a built up eccentric shaft design and significantly there is a bearing on each side of each rotor (5 bearings vs 4 in the Mazda design)

Comment

Working...
                          X