Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got S13, now what?

Hey All!
    I just got a S13, (92) it's completely bone stock with a KA24DE, I have some basics down on drifting, but my control sucks, and what can I add, thats fairly cheap right now, to start this into a drifting car. Also which is lighter, the 92 S13, or the 95 S14?

i would say sr20det swap. dont do a lot of tuning to it just exhaust, intercooler, and clutch. then suspension, coilover, adj. rods and arms, and sway bars (look into tein), next a 2 way lsd. don't get a viscous lsd not worth it. this should run you about 4000 to 6000 depending on how much you want to spend.then work on your drifting skills before you upgrade your motor any more. try zilvia.net they have lots of good links

the '92 s13 should be lighter but im not positive
    Last edited by driftex; 12-07-2004, 03:16 PM.

Comment

First do a total tune up. I know this sound lame, but trust me all used car buyers should do this. Plugs, wires, radiator flush, trans flush etc...

Comment

the next thing you should do is search.

the s13 IS lighter

drift your car stock for a while because you will crash and brake thing. do you want to destroy that shinny fmic?

Comment

...I thought drifting was all about driver pratice and good suspension, the last time I checked.

I suggest a crapload of seat time to get to know your car and be able to define EXACTLY what you want to fix. Car control comes with experience.

*dons engrish accent* AND HAVE FUN! (thumbs up!)

Comment

Thanks all

okay I just forgot to say one thing...my car is autojewmatic...I can drift it pretty good, I tried to drift my buddies s13, same year, only it's a stick and couldn't do anything. Any suggestions on quailty parts to get? One of you were talking about arms, etc...are you talking about control arms? who ever owned the car before me I think drifted it cause it already has a LSD and I think some others cause I can beat my buddies s13 in the quarter. Also what are some good tires to get? Do I want high grip in the front, slips in the rear? Just need help! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X