What type of car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of car?

I am 16 i live in Puerto Rico and i want to start drifting . I want to know what type of car to buy it seems that every body are going whit the 240sx with sr20 or corollas .I want something diferent i was thinking to buy a 93 and up rx7.Iwould also want to know what type of setup and parts.

Read the existent threads on this site for two weeks. If you have not found what you want, ask your questions.

Comment

Hey, maybe he has been on the site for two weeks already and still can't decide.

In my opinion, first think practically. Will it be a daily driver? are you going to use it in any sort of events? These kinds of questions narrow down your answer. Next, based on those questions, look for apealing traits in various types of cars, such as reliability, performance, driver satisfaction, and which ones you think look the best.

Goodluck with your search.

Comment

It will be daily driver

Comment

What 16 year old wouldnt want an fd

A machine that easily costs 15 grand for one in good condition, with insurance costing an arm and a leg becuase its twin turbo AND hes under 25, 21, and 18.. with the plus side of being a finiky' rotary (granted theyre easy to deal with IF you know how, but even still the fd in paticular due to twin turbo can be a hassle)

Added: Ok, that was cruel and i dont mean to flame.. but good luck on getting an FD for a car at that age- and if you can ive no problem pointing out your probably spoiled (unless u paid for it all on ur own- then damn man, my hats off to you)

240s corollas (the 86, my car) Fcs, and any other cheap rwd is goign to be your bestb et. THeyre so common becuase theyre fairly cheap, no one wants to wreck an expensive car willingly.. aftermarket is also easy to find and generally low becuase its in high demand.

My suggestion though i dislike the car for one reason or another; would be to get yourself a 240sx. Theyre fairly easy on the wallet, have really good aftermarket support, theres PLENTY of information on there that can help you when it comes to this car. Also they arent overly old- so they tend to be in prety good condition.
          Last edited by SidewaysGts; 12-26-2004, 08:39 PM.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Im gon tell you this now before e'ry one else flamezorz you. Upgrades should come after learning the car, then learning how to drift. Learn the car (i.e. cornering limits, body roll, etc.) and race in autocross type events. then either attend a drift event if you're one of the lucky bastards who has events near him. if not, go to a parking lot or find a driftin school and drift and drift and drift. THen you may want to think about upgrades.

*EDIT* Of course, if you do end up making it a daily driver and want a li'l more grunt, exaust, intake, etc are fine upgrades, but if you just plan on drifting and no freeway races or street races (not that i condone these) then go with the said plan of learning before upping. best of luck to ya

Comment

Hey dude,

From what i know, seen and read a drift car really represents you.

With practice you can make anything drift given the right conditions, some cars are better then others.

Just because alot of people have the same cars doesn't mean you can't have the same one as them, thats why god invented engine upgrades, body kits and stickers.

Just find a car that suites ur budget, then do some upgrades and off you go.

More importantly do it quickly, the quicker you get out there the more experience you are collecting.

Comment

Working...
                X