Just bought a 1997 240sx...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a 1997 240sx...

I jsut bought a 1997 240sx (manual transmission) and I was wondering what type of rims would look good on it... Like I was thinking about painting my car a frost white with a blue pearl and bronze rims.....but I was just wondering if people had any pictures or links to pictures that look good on 240sx' thanx

-Oh and what type of tires should I get cuz I heard low profiles are sometimes not always the best for drifting...any suggestions?

Just roll around on the site. The Crazy s14 thread should be a good place to start.

Comment

Wheels before suspension mods? What do you think this is, the APC forum?

Comment

I just got into the drifting scene im not sure what to start with any suggestions on what type of mods I should start with and what brands?

Comment

Drive the damn car. From your name, you seem like you started with a front-wheel-drive car and switched to a 240 because they're the "in" thing now.

Learn how a RWD car reacts and feels. Then, upgrade what you deem necessary, not what makes it look bling. The biggest improvement comes from within.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
            The biggest improvement comes from within.
            GRiDRaceTech is absolutely right. You should definitely get a better feel of your car before modifying it, also, modify it so that you'd feel more comfortable driving and/or drifting it. Power isn't always the answer, make your car truly "yours". You're very fortunate to start out with a 97' 240sx, many of the drifters on this forum are drifters on a budget, hopefully you would learn very well on this car, and remember, feel out your car before adapting to the power changes.

Comment

Drive the damn car. From your name, you seem like you started with a front-wheel-drive car and switched to a 240 because they're the "in" thing now.

Learn how a RWD car reacts and feels. Then, upgrade what you deem necessary, not what makes it look bling. The biggest improvement comes from within.
              As harsh as it always comes out in his replies, he is making alot of sense.

Drive stock wheels and save ur money for things that count.

Looks get u know where, unless ur doing it for the ladies.

Comment

Alright, I wasn't too sure Cuz like I like looks and I wanna start drifting but I guess parts that you cannot see is better so about 3 months down the road of getting the feel of it I should start worrying about mods?

Comment

Dude if ur drifting on the street or track, accidents happen, and what most people are trying to get at is that your porbs guna crash and f*ck up ur nice new rims.

Why do u think most Drift cars look haggard? Thats why man.

Next tip, read all the stickys everywhere in this forum the guys have done wonders and it really helps.

Get urself a copy of the Drift Bible, either buy it online or download it from somewhere.

Most importantly, find quiet streets or parking lots and practice with no one around.

Comment

nice choice. I would suggest driving the car every day (normal driving, no crazy ish) for a good solid amount of time before trying any drifting. Once you know how the weight transfers, how hard you can corner, and when traction breaks, then you can learn how to throw the tail out. If you have a better understanding of your car and how it feels, you sort of become "one with the car." This makes it mucho easier to learn new things because you already have an idea of whats going to happen. just my 2 cents

Comment

second that!
                      Last edited by S14 Drift; 12-30-2004, 01:16 PM.

Comment

The biggest improvement comes from within.
                        Wow Grid...I feel enlightened now...I'm going to mediate in my bucket seat. huuummmmmm

Comment

Well with everyone about learning to drive your car and feel it, I suggest hitting up some autocross events.

www.solo2.com

They have allday schools, practices and championships. Way cheaper than a drifting event. Its essential to learn how to grip before even try to drift.

Comment

Grip driving is sooo ZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ... Cheaper or not, its worth the xtra spending.

Comment

What do you know, Grip is better than drifting. It requires much more skill then just throwing your car side to side so you can slide, there's much more to lining, acceleration pressure and other things you must consider. Be more open minded before making remarks like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X