Traning tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traning tool?

Does anyone think GT3 is a good traning tool for drifting? For setups and techniques?

Comment

Comment

To put it more clearly.....*deep breath*...no.

Comment

Actually, I wouldn't put racing games off. If they accurately represent real life, you can learn things from them.

Basically, it's a matter of if the game is good enough to be qualified as a simulation. If not, it may have a negative effect on your learning. As well, games aren't everything. It still takes real life seat time to get comfortable and good at drifting.

The key behind driving sims is to use it only as an aid only. Let it help you learn how things work: car behavior, the effects of tuning different parts, and to kind of help you get into the correct motions.

I personally was playing a PC game called Live For Speed about a half year before I started getting into real drifting. The game is about as true to life as you can get short of a couple major production sims like Nascar. I was actually able to compare the game to real life driving and learn from both at the same time. It was quite helpful in testing and understanding why things worked or did not work the way I initially expected.

Still, the biggest key here is that the game really needs to be a near perfect representation of real life. If it isn't that good, you may just want to stay away as to not corrupt your understanding of what a car can and can't do.

Comment

gt3 can hammer in some of the basics- proper braking and what a good line is, when its better to accelerate and etc.

Comment

I think that once GT4 is out and using the logitech driving force pro wheel, it should be a good learning experience

Comment

I think the Logitec wheels are too loose. Not nearly enough feedback to create a realistic experience. I must say, though, that GT3 has shown me what different upgrades and adjustments are/do, and what a good line is in racing. So the basics are all there, but as far as drifting in GT3 for a few weeks and then going out to tear up the touge, well, just dont try it.

Comment

Working...
                X