SR5 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR5 Questions

Well I live in ontario and I cant seem to find any GTS models so i'm gonna have to look at buying a SR5. Basicly I know that they have crappy suspension, open diff, smaller SOHC engine. I would like to know the actual specs of engine and how much it would cost to get a good suspension set up and a LSD.

From what ive been told recently the suspension on the sr5 is the same as the gts stock for stock. Either way its not something to worry about as you mentioned ud change it on the sr5, but ud change it for the gts as well.

For the engine they make about 80-90 hp stock. For the lsd your best bet is to buy yourself a gts rear end and bolt it up, they have disks instead of drums as well (make sure the gts end has the 1 way oem lsd though haha), ive also seen people use mk3 rear ends as well for use of their disks and lsd.

The suspension will cost you about 1000 for a good one, 2000+ for a full coilover one.

Gts rear end is a few hundred

4age also a few hundred.

Comment

swapping the 4age is pretty hard to do into the sr5 unless youre good with wiring, and you have a gts parts car. You need a ton of stuff, bellhousing, fuel lines, ecu, all the wiring, new exhaust, new clutch lines. the 4ac is the same block as the 4ag, just sohc and carb'd though, so theyre the same size.

the suspensions are the same

rear end is drum brakes instead of disc, no lsd

if you go trd springs and ss shocks, you could get those for around 600 if youre good, but then there's new bushings, panhard bar, rca, lots of stuff. Make sure your car will stop before you worry about turning. New pad/rotors are a good idea on this car since lots of people abuse their cars.

check out www.club4ag.com its your friend

sr5 is still a fun car, bought mine for 400, put 100 in it, and i was good to go, felt the same as my old gts, just a little slower.

Comment

thanks for all info guys but I was wondering is the 4ac capable of being turbo or supercharged?

Comment

to be blunt: yes.

Comment

is there any kits or does it all have to be done custom?

Comment

i hope to find performance parts for my car (85cellyGTS).....i m still looking....4 anything.... hey does ma car come with LSD???

Comment

hey sorry to be so late on this- ive never seen a turbo kit for the 4ac before, so youd probably have to get a custom header/manifold bent for the the turbo to mount, proper tubing and tuning blah blah.

Ive no idea how much hp youd make on this either, since the 4ac only make like 80-90 hp to begin with dont expect a lot, itd be cheaper to just do a 4age swap imo.

Comment

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...3&page=3&pp=15

check that out, page three.

it has turbo information on it for the 4ac. I wanted to do that i guess. I dont know, i was between nitrous and a turbo.. short term i like the nitrous, just for the power effect... long term it would definitely be a 4ag with a turbo.. that would really be the best bet.. anyway, check out those posts regarding power on both the engines.. that should help you out.. you seem to be in teh same prediciment i was in until i got all this help.

Comment

4ac is around 70hp at around 85ftlbs/torque. peak torque is around 3k which is good for everyday driving.

trd japan race springs are about ~300 a set these days with a lot of spring rates to choose from. there are also numerous dapmers out there to choose from. (kyb agx, tockico hp/illumina/hts, koni, etc) shocks range form 150~500 dpending on feature.

Comment

Working...
                    X